02-18-09 – First Person Shooter

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-18-09 – First Person Shooter

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    bucky_bacon
    Participant

That squirrel is popular tonight…

I think that having your post show up right after mine is absolutely classic! I was rolling when I saw it…

and serious props to orionid for the egg/truck setup. Very nice sir!

corsec67
    Participant

I had a lot of fun B-sides on this one, too

Could have had more. I thought about just walking through a normal day in my life with the camera strapped to my face and snap random pictures.

Thinkgeek has sunglasses that would seem to be perfect for that.

This theme is awesome.

Can’t believe that there isn’t a pic of someone sitting at a computer browsing Fark yet…

olavf
    Participant

I write my html out longhand and cut and paste, preview and go. Since the formatting doesn’t change much every week, it takes me about five minutes at lunch to do it.

I was gonna say that they’d look at me weird at work but they already do that, so I could probably pull it off 😀

olavf
    Participant

Thinkgeek has sunglasses that would seem to be perfect for that.

This theme is awesome.

Can’t believe that there isn’t a pic of someone sitting at a computer browsing Fark yet…

LOL! That’s one of my B-sides.

harpo
    Participant

I misunderstood the theme at first and spent all week trying to find a red and silver crowbar and a barrel to beat up with it. Then I realized we weren’t necessarily trying to mimic a game, just that point of view. I took all 3 pics late this afternoon and had a lot of fun with it. Lots of creative shots so far…I hope this theme has sequels in the future.

orionid
    Participant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionid/sets/72157610556961811/

This weeks B-sides, plus the “how I did it” for the eggs/truck.

U-Man
    Participant

That first one with the shotgun at a bit of an angle totally gave me a Duke Nukem flashback. I had that on my computer for a few months. I had to quit ’cause I was staying up until all hours and then would ‘see’ the game while trying to fall asleep.

U-Man
    Participant

From the Fark thread…

U-Man: I was bummed when I realized the table junk was in the frame.

just kat: this is something i’m really working on mentally: trying to be mindful of my framing, not just my subject. it’s tough to remember and/or catch it all sometimes!

just kat, I try to be aware of what is in the frame. With this one, though, I was sort of rushed. And then I had both hands on the gun waiting for the timer to go. Then when I actually looked at the pic it was too late (in several ways) for a re-take. 🙂 That’s OK, I was mainly goofing around and trying to get the strobe to work. I was happy with that part of the pic, at least.

justkat
    Participant

just kat, I try to be aware of what is in the frame. With this one, though, I was sort of rushed. And then I had both hands on the gun waiting for the timer to go. Then when I actually looked at the pic it was too late (in several ways) for a re-take. 🙂 That’s OK, I was mainly goofing around and trying to get the strobe to work. I was happy with that part of the pic, at least.

the picture is awesome. you’re a fabulous photographer and i am still taking my first baby steps to learning. framing things is my biggest issue i’m trying to beat into my brain at the moment.

i’d also like to know why i’m having trouble taking level pictures — and not even consistently to one side or the other! lol — lately… it may be all the marinating in chemicals i’ve been doing. self-correcting problem would be nice. 😛

U-Man
    Participant

Hey Elsinore, would you please delete my first (2009-02-18 08:29:29 PM) zip-line post? I was messing around and discovered that I could upload low-res video to my image host. I re-posted the same photo with a new window pop to a short video.

/Just thought of this…I assume it’s OK to pop to that video. Do you think that it is OK? If not, well then please delete that post and leave the original. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nope, no problems with linking to a video. Got the original post–would have gotten it sooner, but I was playing with new toys 😆

U-Man
    Participant

Nope, no problems with linking to a video. Got the original post

Thanks.

would have gotten it sooner, but I was playing with new toys 😆

Dare I ask? 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

hehe not THOSE kinds of toys 😉

Got a wireless flash commander and some gels. Also got a background stand and roll of seamless for Valentine’s Day, so I have lots to practice with now 😀

orionid
    Participant

That first one with the shotgun at a bit of an angle totally gave me a Duke Nukem flashback. I had that on my computer for a few months. I had to quit ’cause I was staying up until all hours and then would ‘see’ the game while trying to fall asleep.

Yeah, I actually had Duke 3d in mind on alot of those. That and Doom. Haven’t played many FPS’s since then. In fact, I’ve spent so much time and money wise on cars that my computer hasn’t had any hardware upgraded since 2004 and my friends have made me turn in my geek card.

/Lan parties is part of why I dropped out of college with a 1.7 GPA.
    //Beer parties is the other.

orionid
    Participant

Apparently justkat‘s legs are more photogenic than mine. No hard feelings, though. Nice fortune cookie, Bucky_Bacon!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘02-18-09 – First Person Shooter’ is closed to new replies.