02-18-09 – First Person Shooter

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-18-09 – First Person Shooter

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Apparently justkat‘s legs are more photogenic than mine. No hard feelings, though. Nice fortune cookie, Bucky_Bacon!

There’s a reason I didn’t use my own legs :/

justkat
    Participant

Apparently justkat‘s legs are more photogenic than mine. No hard feelings, though. Nice fortune cookie, Bucky_Bacon!

eh, it’s the girl advantage… they are liking to think that if they lean just the right way they might see *gasp* girl bits! 😛

orionid
    Participant

Haha, good call. I just figured they got the smell-o-vision along with mine. Perhaps a bit too realistic.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Nice fortune cookie, Bucky_Bacon!

Thank you sir! I feel a bit cheap and dirty about it. Luckily though that’s a feeling that I quite enjoy…

And I have to say that pangolyn has just killed it with something clever week after week since showing up.

And, having a daughter myself, U-Man’s target practice shot has given me extreme fits of joy!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

It’s early, but a 5-way tie for 1st place atm. Pretty sweet.

Also, mental note – do NOT cross orionid, corsec67, harpo, nutkick_42, baka-san, and possibly U-Man.
    First person shooters indeed!

corsec67
    Participant

Also, mental note – do NOT cross orionid, corsec67, harpo, nutkick_42, baka-san, and possibly U-Man.

Meh, that is just my BB gun. I didn’t want to make a lot of noise, like my .45 would have.

orionid
    Participant

Meh, that is just my BB gun. I didn’t want to make a lot of noise, like my .45 would have.

Yeah, but your BB gun is still molded to look like a .45. I thought it was at first. I was all like “why’d he shoot up the target with a .22 then pick up a .45? Oh, wait, maybe he got the .22 conversion for 1911’s. Nope. Description says…..”

orionid
    Participant

U-Man What Island was the zip line on? Did you get to explore any of the other islands while you were out there?

I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s no such thing as a trip to Hawaii that’s long enough to do everything (even after living there a year). When people ask me now what to plan for, I just say two weeks for Oahu, a week for every other island, and just do what you feel when you get there.

U-Man
    Participant

Maui. Just outside 0f Lahaina. Kaanapali beach.

I was only there a week and didn’t even attempt to see other cities, let alone islands. I have done a Hawaiian Island cruise. But that was really just stopping at each one, setting a foot on land so you can say you were there and getting back on the boat. This one was a leave-the-kids-at-home relaxation type trip. (at this point, I would like to publically thank Mopsy for living at my house and chasing my kids for the week 🙂 )

I’m pretty sure I fell into the trap of liking that photo more than it deserves because it has meaning to me…not to anybody else. That’s OK, I didn’t really have a third this week. I hates it when a pic does poorly and I have other choices that, in retrospect, would have been better.

nutkick_42
    Participant

Mine’s a .357 magnum. I have a pump 12 gauge, but it proved to be too difficult to handle while taking photos.

I’m really surprised at how well I’m doing this week. I almost didn’t even bother entering…

orionid
    Participant

Maui. Just outside 0f Lahaina. Kaanapali beach.

I was only there a week and didn’t even attempt to see other cities, let alone islands. I have done a Hawaiian Island cruise. But that was really just stopping at each one, setting a foot on land so you can say you were there and getting back on the boat. This one was a leave-the-kids-at-home relaxation type trip. (at this point, I would like to publically thank Mopsy for living at my house and chasing my kids for the week 🙂 )

I’m pretty sure I fell into the trap of liking that photo more than it deserves because it has meaning to me…not to anybody else. That’s OK, I didn’t really have a third this week. I hates it when a pic does poorly and I have other choices that, in retrospect, would have been better.

Gotcha. Hope it was fun! And I’ve definately fallen into the same trap multiple times. Or the trap of “here’s something humorous and different” then realizing that nobody else got the joke/irony/whatever, even if I thought it was hilarious. Heh. Cest la farktography.

On a side note, more applicable to the thread, Schnee, this theme got me thinking. When you get FSM back up and running, you should add a category to either recent or evar (or both) called “Full of win,” ranking contests on the ratio of total votes to total entries. I think this one would sit pretty high. Plus, it balances out contests with low overall turnout but still great photos like the holiday themes that have no chance of hitting the “most popular” title. Just thinkin’, that’s all.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to orionid this week–well shot 😉

orionid
    Participant

Congrats to orionid this week–well shot 😉

If that was a pun, it was beautiful.

/And thankye much

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol yes it was, and yes it was intended 😉

corsec67
    Participant

lol yes it was, and yes it was intended 😉

Just like the one in the theme title.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘02-18-09 – First Person Shooter’ is closed to new replies.