02-24-10 – On the Streets

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-24-10 – On the Streets

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

On ennuipoet‘s shot, she’s posing, but he didn’t ask her to pose. That’s the tough part. Some people will just start posing when they see you point a camera their direction. Or they’ll smile or do something they otherwise wouldn’t have done. I can see an argument for allowing the picture on the basis that you didn’t ask her to pose/you didn’t actively pose her in any way. On the other hand, to the casual observer, the photo sure looks posed, so it will look like it’s not in keeping with the rules. So if nothing else, it would be something you’d almost have to post a note with your photo saying you didn’t pose or ask the gal to pose in anyway.

I’m not so committed to the photo that I’m going to post it to make waves, I’ll use my back up. If there is one thing my four years of Farking has taught is that if a door is cracked open, someone will walk through it. I’ll leave the posing door closed. 😀

lol ok, but it will probably be walked through anyway 😆

olavf
    Participant

I didn’t think mine looked posed, but now I’m not so sure. Guess I’ll be adding some text to the description =P

linguine
    Participant
    mopsy
    Participant

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/mopsy/On-the-Streets_9200.jpg

I really want to enter this guy but again it’s the posed thing. He was standing next to his car in the parking lot of the shopping mall obviously waiting for someone. Not too happy about it either. Can I use him? I have some other shots, but this is the best.

linguine
    Participant

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/mopsy/On-the-Streets_9200.jpg

I really want to enter this guy but again it’s the posed thing. He was standing next to his car in the parking lot of the shopping mall obviously waiting for someone. Not too happy about it either. Can I use him? I have some other shots, but this is the best.

My vote is for that being fine to use.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I love this so much. Can’t wait to vote. I had to sit out – timing, short notice, etc – but I’m already inspired to pick this up in the future.

Nice work folks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

mopsy: I think you’re fine. You may want to mention the guy was standing there like that when you took his photo.

mopsy
    Participant

mopsy: I think you’re fine. You may want to mention the guy was standing there like that when you took his photo.

Thanks. Will do!

ravnostic
    Participant

The skaters in my first post were 3 of about 10; two dads and their kids. They saw me photographing from the metro rail station and yelled ‘hey’ to me.

The image of the skater jumping I almost missed as I’d moved to other people, but one of the skaters yelled for me to take the shot. How could I not oblige? I actually caught two. But I just wanted to state I did not stage the shot for the contest. I later got one of their emails and sent them the two shots.

ravnostic
    Participant

That’s a great shot, Mopsy.

ravnostic
    Participant

It seems to me some shots in the thread must be larger on one side than 600 pixels. If that’s permitted in these contests, I’d take advantage as it would make things easier.

mopsy
    Participant

That’s a great shot, Mopsy.

Thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It seems to me some shots in the thread must be larger on one side than 600 pixels. If that’s permitted in these contests, I’d take advantage as it would make things easier.

The maximum Fark dimensions are 620 wide and 1100 tall. So if you have a vertical shot, you’ll be able to get more real estate posted than if you are posting a horizontal.

U-Man
    Participant

My understanding is that a pic can be 640 px wide and up to 1100 px tall.

As always, there is a fuzzy 150-200-ish kb limit. (I keep mine below 140 kb)

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore, U-man; I was sure I’d read in the photoshop that pic max was 600pxl/side; nice to know I can go a little large in farktography! I generally just cut the quality of my jpegs now to keep them under the minimum (and had no idea how to do that when I started; learning new things every day!!)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 130 total)
  • The topic ‘02-24-10 – On the Streets’ is closed to new replies.