02-24-10 – On the Streets

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-24-10 – On the Streets

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

Soosh, thought I should bring our comments about your look alike over to the discussion thread. I have never seen this guy before, but I do work at the Mall and would be more than willing, that should I see him again to ask, direct, whatever, you may want me to do. Well, that’s a convoluted statement. But you get the idea.

orionid
    Participant

I ended up not using the photo in question from earlier, anyways. “Big Chief Teh-CUM-seh” got voted out for girls. Likewise with the “world’s most badass lawnmower” that’s probably going to be save for “pure bad ass.”

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore, U-man; I was sure I’d read in the photoshop that pic max was 600pxl/side; nice to know I can go a little large in farktography! I generally just cut the quality of my jpegs now to keep them under the minimum (and had no idea how to do that when I started; learning new things every day!!)

That’s one of the best things about farktography, the learning new stuff all the time. Anyway I’m glad to see a new active member 😀

soosh
    Participant

Soosh, thought I should bring our comments about your look alike over to the discussion thread. I have never seen this guy before, but I do work at the Mall and would be more than willing, that should I see him again to ask, direct, whatever, you may want me to do. Well, that’s a convoluted statement. But you get the idea.

Ha, no, that’s OK. I don’t have any intention of ever trying to track him down.

lokisbong
    Participant

Elsinore the picture of the guy with the cross on a training wheel almost made me spit cough drop juice on my desk I was laughing so hard. Way funny.
    I really like this theme and vow to go out and get more people doing every day stuff.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

There’s some great photos tonight!

Here are a couple b-sides that didn’t make the final cut.

Bush-era anti-war protest

A boy and his dog

I might use them in the future if they fit a theme.

olavf
    Participant

I’m wondering if tchau‘s shots are posed? Especially the first one…

But…
    Choc-Ful-a, love the ‘boy and dog’. Too funny.

I had a hell of a time with shots this week too 😛
    /B-sides:
    http://65.78.140.207/TF/farktography/100224.street/b-sides/chicken_hot-1975_sm_web.JPG
    http://65.78.140.207/TF/farktography/100224.street/b-sides/harleys-3271_sm_web.JPG
    http://65.78.140.207/TF/farktography/100224.street/b-sides/ontherail-3295_sm_web.JPG
    And probably my favorite, even though I ended up not using it. He caught me doing what he was doing:
    http://65.78.140.207/TF/farktography/100224.street/b-sides/street_photographer-1987_sm_web.JPG

justkat
    Participant

dog made me laugh.

While there are other shots in the archives, only this one actually made it to B-side status: strange bedfellows… (in the background too)

http://65.78.140.207/TFK/farktography/100224k-streets/100224k_080831_020013k_streets_bedfellows_sm.JPG

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

olavf, I love the biker shot!

And just kat that’s a nice shot on it’s own, but with the “strange bedfellows” it’s even better.

ennuipoet
    Participant

If those shots aren’t posed I’ll eat my filter…one of the UV Haze, not an expensive one, just in case.

corsec67
    Participant

If those shots aren’t posed I’ll eat my filter…one of the UV Haze, not an expensive one, just in case.

Yeah, especially the one with the chair.

(And, if you use the UV Haze/”Protective” filter a lot, it should be an expensive fully multicoated one…)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lokisbong: hehe thanks! He actually got stopped by a sheriff’s officer on our road, I guess cause they didn’t know what he was up to. That actually surprised me since I live in the Bible Belt, and he seemed peaceful enough, just wheeling his cross down the road. They talked to him for quite awhile before he headed back down the road.

And yes, tchau‘s shots were model shots, found them on his Flickr and confirmed. I normally stay up later to watch the thread, but I was exhausted last night and went to bed kinda early. He posted those literally right after I went to bed, as Murphy’s Law would have it.

ennuipoet
    Participant

(And, if you use the UV Haze/”Protective” filter a lot, it should be an expensive fully multicoated one…)

So I’ve learned…all of my lenses are used and most came with the UV Haze on them. Was I in for a surprise when I took them off.

olavf
    Participant

olavf, I love the biker shot!

Thanks 😀 I love the fact that they’re hanging out in front of an ice cream parlor in that shot. Those guys are pretty much there every weekend on that corner, and across the street in front of the Mexican restaurant. Nice guys, gorgeous bikes.

olavf
    Participant

And yes, tchau‘s shots were model shots, found them on his Flickr and confirmed. I normally stay up later to watch the thread, but I was exhausted last night and went to bed kinda early. He posted those literally right after I went to bed, as Murphy’s Law would have it.

They’d be great shots in another contest though. I hope we didn’t scare him off :/

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • The topic ‘02-24-10 – On the Streets’ is closed to new replies.