02-25-09 – Lunacy

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-25-09 – Lunacy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us photos in which the main subject is the moon in all its many guises. Difficulty – no butt cheeks.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, redwoodcruzr!

justkat
    Participant

No last minute shots on this one. No visible moon the day of the contest! 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol good to know!

corsec67
    Participant

No last minute shots on this one. No visible moon the day of the contest! 😛

Unless someone wants to do a “I accidentally the whole moon” picture. (I want to try that, but I don’t quite know how hard it will be. I will probably learn why it is impossible)

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Heads up – I just read an article (see link) that said we’re going to have the largest and brightest full moon of the year this weekend.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090109/sc_space/saturdaynightspecialbiggestfullmoonof2009

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I saw that, too, and as Murphy’s Law would have it, we’re going to have nothing but rain and clouds until tomorrow 🙁

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Just in case you haven’t heard – lunar eclipse on Feb 9th (Monday)

Apparently not visible in the Eastern US though… 🙁

corsec67
    Participant

Just in case you haven’t heard – lunar eclipse on Feb 9th (Monday)

Apparently not visible in the Eastern US though… 🙁

A good place to see it when it does happen:

Wikipedia.

Sweet, visible in western US. Hope Colorado is “western” enough.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

I saw this site http://www.brighthub.com/science/space/articles/3959.aspx , from their map at the bottom of the article it looks like any place West of Louisiana should be able to see it.

orionid
    Participant

I saw this site http://www.brighthub.com/science/space/articles/3959.aspx , from their map at the bottom of the article it looks like any place West of Louisiana should be able to see it.

I, apparently, suck at this game. The last one (August) was visible on the east coast, but not Hawaii…..

olavf
    Participant

Awesome. I think I’ve got three decent ones for this contest, and a re-take of one to hopefully make it stronger, but I’m down for something even more challenging 😛

justkat
    Participant

with my P&S i’m going to have to fall back on ‘silly’… which sometimes gets me votes — just for being different, i guess. or maybe they are sympathy votes for the girl on the short bus. heeheehee

corsec67
    Participant

Too bad I used this for “Red”.
    (It was taken with a junky Olympus P&S, so there is definitely hope for people without SLRs and 500mm lenses)

orionid
    Participant

Heh. Don’t feel too bad. I’m figuring there’s going to be lots of extreme-zoom action….. So I’m going for something different, including an archive shot from my old pos…. errrr…. p&s.

orionid
    Participant

Hey, Redwoodcruzr and Elsinore, I’m feeling alot of mediocrity on this one with the shots I do have…. Would a scale model of the lunar lander set into a moon-like diorama be kosher, or are we focusing only on the real-deal?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘02-25-09 – Lunacy’ is closed to new replies.