02-25-09 – Lunacy

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-25-09 – Lunacy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

thank you.

U-Man
    Participant

but who knows how many votes i’ve already lost* by the posts being deleted. i don’t even know if i want them reinstated. i’m kind of distraught here. 🙁

Yeah, that’s sucktastic. Happened to me during the ‘Neon’ theme. I had the same feelings. 🙁

justkat
    Participant

Yeah, that’s sucktastic. Happened to me during the ‘Neon’ theme. I had the same feelings. 🙁

aw *hugs*

i know i over-reacted — though i hope it didn’t show TOO much 😉 — but i’ve just had so much hard shit handed to me lately that it seems like there aren’t any little things some days. other days just about anything could roll off my back, as long as it’s not actively trying to kill me. this just happened on one of the weak days.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

aw *hugs*

i know i over-reacted — though i hope it didn’t show TOO much 😉 — but i’ve just had so much hard shit handed to me lately that it seems like there aren’t any little things some days. other days just about anything could roll off my back, as long as it’s not actively trying to kill me. this just happened on one of the weak days.

There’s a lot of that going around lately so I’m very sympathetic. I’ve been consoling people on weekly basis who find themselves wading through rivers of chaos and frustration. I hope it’s short lived for you. For me just getting out and taking pictures is good therapy, since I stop thinking about normal issues for awhile. Pets are great too. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I try to catch those things, but sometimes they don’t get noticed (or reported) for awhile. And yesterday I was at my Grandmother’s funeral, so I wasn’t around to catch it anyway, which is why I suggested folks use the notify moderators link if there were any problems in the thread; other moderators were around to help out if they were notified. I try to double check the thread for dropped posts, but you guys notice your own posts more easily, so it’s always good to report it as soon as you notice it.

orionid
    Participant

Which now, in retrospect, makes last week’s neck and neck race all the more humorous, being as how I was clueless.

So you are saying it is time to do another self-portrait theme again?

Only if my Dad’s posting pictures that I’m not aware of, too….

orionid
    Participant

but who knows how many votes i’ve already lost* by the posts being deleted. i don’t even know if i want them reinstated. i’m kind of distraught here. 🙁

Ditto with my “glitch in the matrix” with the ‘Season’s Greeting’s II’ theme. I had high hopes for my sub photo, at least. The beer was just for fun.

justkat
    Participant

I try to catch those things, but sometimes they don’t get noticed (or reported) for awhile. And yesterday I was at my Grandmother’s funeral, so I wasn’t around to catch it anyway, which is why I suggested folks use the notify moderators link if there were any problems in the thread; other moderators were around to help out if they were notified. I try to double check the thread for dropped posts, but you guys notice your own posts more easily, so it’s always good to report it as soon as you notice it.

i’m not remotely upset with you elsinore, and i wasn’t at the time… i was upset, but i didn’t take it personally. and i was just so upset it didn’t even occur to me to try to address my concerns through fark. i don’t think i’ll forget that if something like this happens again, but i was just distraught and not thinking — my thinker isn’t so great right now anyway, after being marinated in chemo. 😛 i hope my post wasn’t offensive to you.

There’s a lot of that going around lately so I’m very sympathetic. I’ve been consoling people on weekly basis who find themselves wading through rivers of chaos and frustration. I hope it’s short lived for you. For me just getting out and taking pictures is good therapy, since I stop thinking about normal issues for awhile. Pets are great too. 🙂

i’m doing what i can to take care of myself, but with 19 doctor appointments (and while i’m including mere finger-sticks in this, i’m also including a hospital admission and a minor surgery — two separate events occurring several days apart — each just as an appointment) in february, it’s just so in my damn face. i keep on trucking though. thank you. 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

i’m not remotely upset with you elsinore…

Oh yeah. Totally. You rock, girl. 🙂

/just had a thought. where the hell did staplermofo go?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I know you weren’t upset (or the others who have had that happen), I just hate when those posts disappear, and especially if I don’t notice for awhile 🙁

I watched my Dad go through chemo, justkat, and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I hope you kick that cancer’s ass to hell and back.

justkat
    Participant

I watched my Dad go through chemo, justkat, and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I hope you kick that cancer’s ass to hell and back.

signs point to me having done that. 😀 scan came out all-clear. i’m still in treatment until october, and i have a lot of loose ends to tie up, but the chemo part of it is done and i get to recover from that. 🙂 in not too long i’ll be starting to put all this behind me. 🙂

mopsy
    Participant

signs point to me having done that. 😀 scan came out all-clear. i’m still in treatment until october, and i have a lot of loose ends to tie up, but the chemo part of it is done and i get to recover from that. 🙂 in not too long i’ll be starting to put all this behind me. 🙂

Glad to hear the chemo is done. I’ve been following justkat’s story in her profile. It’s a fantastic account of hope, fear, setbacks, recovery with some humor mixed in. I’ve suggested she publish it. It’s worth reading.

olavf
    Participant

Glad to hear the chemo is done. I’ve been following justkat’s story in her profile. It’s a fantastic account of hope, fear, setbacks, recovery with some humor mixed in. I’ve suggested she publish it. It’s worth reading.

That’ll be off line for a few more days sadly. Our web server has decided to take a clue from FSM and go the way of the dodo :/

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I was out of town this weekend, so I didn’t get to congratulate Hagar the Horrible on his win. It was a great thread, guys.

Also, U-Man, and anyone else, am I the only one who got the impression from the Flickr page that Filthy_Farkle’s shot was a stacked exposure? In one comment, he said that shot was “the best of the bunch” out of 25, but later said (in response to a question about whether it’s two differently focused images superimposed) that they were taken seconds apart. He never responded in the thread, and I haven’t seen a response on his Flickr yet either, but if it’s stacked then it can’t stay.

olavf
    Participant

I was out of town this weekend, so I didn’t get to congratulate Hagar the Horrible on his win. It was a great thread, guys.

Also, U-Man, and anyone else, am I the only one who got the impression from the Flickr page that Filthy_Farkle’s shot was a stacked exposure? In one comment, he said that shot was “the best of the bunch” out of 25, but later said (in response to a question about whether it’s two differently focused images superimposed) that they were taken seconds apart. He never responded in the thread, and I haven’t seen a response on his Flickr yet either, but if it’s stacked then it can’t stay.

I went back and read the full comment stream, and that what it sounds like to me.

“It’s real. The moon was enhanced a bit for contrast and balance and it was cropped, as the rest of the image was black.

I took a series of about 25 shots. Some favored the branches, others the moon or the clouds. This one was the best of the bunch.”

and in response to “So is this two differently focused images superimposed?? Nice job, Gary. “:

Taken seconds apart.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • The topic ‘02-25-09 – Lunacy’ is closed to new replies.