02-29-12 – Parking Lots

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-29-12 – Parking Lots

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

a friend and i both remember me taking photos post katrina of a handicap parking spot. it was poinenet because the parking lot/spot was obviously abandoned. and while we remember shooting the area and can find other shots in that area we think were the same day the shot in question — nothing.

however i do have three others to wow the voting public with.

Curious
    Participant

HA — in talking with her some more we narrowed it down and she found hers. so maybe it was just her’s we remembered. anyway she now has something to enter.

swampa
    Participant
    Barracuda
    Participant

Could someone possibly either A) fix or B) kill my second entry with the screwed up sizing. Thank you. I can repost if killing it is easier.

bender16v
    Participant

A tough one for me. I finally had an idea in my head and went for a drive this evening. It’s foggy here and my idea would have looked great, but I couldn’t find my subject: a bar with a neon sign and a parking lot in front. Oh well, I did get one shot and found another old one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Could someone possibly either A) fix or B) kill my second entry with the screwed up sizing. Thank you. I can repost if killing it is easier.

It’ll need to be reposted outright. Mods can’t change anything in a post; we can only delete or bump their timing back or forth 12 hrs.

Barracuda
    Participant

Will do. THank you.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No problem..I’ll get the original post taken care of.

cameraflage
    Participant

Hooray! I got the right week this time!

cameraflage
    Participant

Just out of curiosity, my last entry shows some piles of, uh, equine exhaust…it isnt the subject of the image, but its there nonetheless. This is copacetic, yes?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think it’s ok

Farktographer
    Participant

The question was whether this group could take mundane parking lots and make them interesting.

The answer: yes. Yes, you could.

Pleasantly surprised and outgunned in this contest. Bravo, everyone!

ravnostic
    Participant

I, too, am really impressed. Love Ranger Joe’s shot reflected in the windows, especially.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Rav, what made the swirl patterns in the garage floor? I had a feeling that one was going to be leading the pack when I first saw it. Great photograph.

orionid
    Participant

Rav, what made the swirl patterns in the garage floor? I had a feeling that one was going to be leading the pack when I first saw it. Great photograph.

Probably a short piece of 2×4. It’s a pretty standard technique for concrete/stucco/plaster/sculpted ceilings to add texture.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • The topic ‘02-29-12 – Parking Lots’ is closed to new replies.