02-29-12 – Parking Lots

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-29-12 – Parking Lots

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

That makes 3 of us. Being forced to throw out the gondola parking lot and look again allowed me to find an image I love so bad it’s now my wall paper.

This theme is going to really have some interesting stuff, methinks…

fluffybunny
    Participant

I went from having nothing 24 hours ago to having more B sides than for any other contest, and I’m working 12’s this week. Now to choose,..

/I gotta quit putting these things off like this.

Farktographer
    Participant

Too bad individual garages were excluded a while ago – found this one while archive diving. The shot itself isn’t impressive, but the street art in downtown L.A. is amazing at times.

Also, for the lawls:

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Farktographer, that’s awesome. I’m a huge fan of graffiti (but not tagging). Toronto has some really good stuff too.

orionid
    Participant

I still got nuthin. But now I have an (1) idea. It all depends on what the weather looks like tomorrow and the outlook isn’t good.

Barracuda
    Participant

Drat drat drat, my S90 apparently decided it wanted to use ISO 2000 (!!!!) for the last few snaps I got around the parking garage at the office. perhaps a convert to B&W and the grainy appearance may almost look intentional… then again, perhaps then I shouldn’t state here that it wasn’t. Guess I’ll try to drive in a few minutes early tomorrow and actually pay attention to the settings this time.

soosh
    Participant

can I get a judgement on this? is it enough parking lot or too much side of a building?

ravnostic
    Participant

soosh; I love ya, man, and it’s a great shot–but it’s rooftops at best, and that’s not the parking lot.

😳 edit: I called ‘im “swoosh!”. LOLZ My bad, but tah-funnay.

…when are we going to have a redux of ‘tah-funnay’?

soosh
    Participant

yeah, that’s what I thought.

ravnostic
    Participant

H is the new ‘W’.

Farktographer
    Participant

soosh; I love ya, man, and it’s a great shot–but it’s rooftops at best, and that’s not the parking lot.

😳 edit: I called ‘im “swoosh!”. LOLZ My bad, but tah-funnay.

…when are we going to have a redux of ‘tah-funnay’?

Pretty much, yeah. Cool shot, though.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well all three of my pictures for this week are of the same parking lot but I like em. Hope I do better than the Noir theme. lol It would be hard to do much worse.

Barracuda
    Participant

Funny, two of my shots have a very Noir feel to them. Put a gut casting a long shadow in the corner somewhere and I could have a B-side for last weeks Theme. We’ll see how they fare this week.

ravnostic
    Participant

Funny, two of my shots have a very Noir feel to them. Put a gut casting a long shadow in the corner somewhere and I could have a B-side for last weeks Theme. We’ll see how they fare this week.

My thoughts, exactly…funny, that…I could have done much better (hell, I couldn’t possible have done worser).

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m at a loss. I still have one pic, firm. I still have two frames I’m debating. I have oodles of 3rd choices and I can’t decide any of those. I think it’s time for a viewing of “Galaxy Quest” (“Hold, please!”) and then maybe I can decide. Or not. But I love the movie, and I need a distraction…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 83 total)
  • The topic ‘02-29-12 – Parking Lots’ is closed to new replies.