02-29-12 – Parking Lots

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-29-12 – Parking Lots

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

The bike parking lot seems like it would work, because people could actually look at it and say “that is a parking lot.” The gondola though, seems like it’d be more of a dock.

Does anyone else have helpful input? I’m trying to keep things relatively narrow without being over-picky.

mopsy
    Participant

I liked when you were sticking to just a car parking lot. You’re right about that keeping the field level. This is not too difficult to understand guys. He said a car parking lot. Sorry, I’ve had a bad few days.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I liked when you were sticking to just a car parking lot. You’re right about that keeping the field level. This is not too difficult to understand guys. He said a car parking lot. Sorry, I’ve had a bad few days.

So, what about trains…they have cars…

/runs 😀

Yoyo
    Participant

So, what about trains…they have cars…

/runs 😀

Ooooh!!! Are those train tracks?!?

I suppose I could get some pics of the local depot parking and the rail yard in the frame. Of course, in New Mexico, any barren ground is a parking lot.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Motorcycles and scooters are OK, yes?

I kept the bike pic and tossed the gondola pic.

Looking forward to this one…

(edited for spelling)

Farktographer
    Participant

Parking lots designed for land-based items with tires, i.e. cars, motorcycles, scooters, bikes, trucks, etc. No airplanes, no trains, no ships.

orionid
    Participant

Short of an epiphany this week, I’ll have to sit this one out. No archives, no local interesting parking lots – and believe me, I tried. I thought I was onto something with the walmart and strip mall next to a giant grain silo complex. Not so much.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Short of an epiphany this week, I’ll have to sit this one out. No archives, no local interesting parking lots – and believe me, I tried. I thought I was onto something with the walmart and strip mall next to a giant grain silo complex. Not so much.

C’mon man! You can do it! The whole point of this theme is to make something totally boring and mundane into art. I have faith that you will come up with something!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Tell the truth, unless I find something on Monday this may be a nil week for me as well. Parkings lots in NYC tend by small and underground. We’ll see

Barracuda
    Participant

Small + underground + high contrast B&W = interesting in my book.

Yugoboy
    Participant

One shot I tried (and never got good enough for use) was a reflection of the parking lot in the side of a vehicle. Just a thought for those of you with no inspiration.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Straight up pulled three shots out of my buttocks for this week…not vote getters but they keep my participation streak going.

Farktographer
    Participant

This is my own theme idea and even I don’t have any great ideas. I suppose that was the point of the theme though – making something mundane into something interesting. Will be carrying around my camera with me all day in the hopes of finding something magical last-minute, heh.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m actually still uber-excited for this theme. When it was first suggested I’d passed by a parking garage as viewed from a freeway and thought ‘I can capture that’. Turns out that I can’t.

But I’ve gone out to take pictures a hundred times since then, and at every place I stop I think about the place that I’ve parked, and whether I can find a shot there–or wherever my feet take me. I’m fully confident with one entry, am debating two frames from Sunday for the 2nd, and will review the last 6 months archives for a third–and I’ll find it–I’ve taken plenty. Oddly, though, I don’t believe but a few actually have any cars…

//edit ‘gone’ not ‘go’

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Rav, I’m also excited about this theme too, like I said up thread, I’ve had photos set aside for months (literally!) I just hope the voters like the theme and show up to vote.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • The topic ‘02-29-12 – Parking Lots’ is closed to new replies.