03-03-10 – Something’s Mising

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-03-10 – Something’s Mising

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph a scene where something should obviously be there, but it just isn’t.

Theme suggestion kudos to bucky_bacon–thanks!

U-Man
    Participant

Huh? Anybody have an example or three?

olavf
    Participant

kestrana‘s “Elf Storage” from the Christmas theme might make an excellent example.

Megain
    Participant

Huh? Anybody have an example or three?

http://megain.smugmug.com/photos/780942369_nQVHP-M.jpg ?

I’m guessing anything from a car on a jackstand (missing a tire) to a hamburger bun all dressed out with condiments, but minus the patty. More subtle would be something like a formal place setting, minus the dinner fork – but since the rules say obvious, subtlety might best be avoided. I’m clearly not the one to answer such things, but those are a few examples of the sort of things I was thinking might fit anyway.

SilverStag
    Participant

Ummm, not to be all spelling – retentive, but…..

miSSing.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Ummm, not to be all spelling – retentive, but…..

miSSing.

Pssst….I think that was done on purpose. 😉

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Yep – what olavf and Megain said. Well, now I’m regretting the use of “obvious” because I certainly don’t mind a little subtlety – it’s up to the voters to decide how clever it actually is.

The theme is really pretty wide open. Just take a picture of something that isn’t there. Doesn’t sound too hard, right? 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

In case you don’t know what olafv was talking about:

Classic Greetings - Elf Storage

clouddancer
    Participant

I wasn’t sure I’d have anything for this one, but I thought it sounded fun. I mentioned it to Hubby and he suggested something like a chess board with the kings missing. I then thought of later a carton of eggs with one or two missing or something like that. Another thought that just hit me is if anyone has Jenga, could do something with those I think. Not sure if it’s allowed or anything, but a spot on a store shelf where they’re out of something perhaps.

Obvious I can do. Not so obvious, I’m not so good at, but can use practice. We’ll see how it works out anyway.

U-Man
    Participant

Farktography is cool. I saw this theme and was unimpressed and uninspired. Then I started thinking about it and taking a few pics. It is starting to grow on me. I don’t think it will be epic, but I bet there are a few “oh yeah – why didn’t I think of that?” entries.

Opinions please – How obvious/important does the missing thing have to be? I have a self portrait in an odd setting and 1 out of 3 lights behind me is burned out. Would that be in the spirit of the theme? Or is the missing thing supposed to be more important?

olavf
    Participant

I’d say that if it’s apparent that the bulb is burned out it’s cool.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

There…are…FOUR…lights!

U-Man
    Participant

There…are…FOUR…lights!

Huh? Are you talkin’ ta me?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Star Trek Next Generation reference:

U-Man
    Participant

At work. I’ll check it out tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘03-03-10 – Something’s Mising’ is closed to new replies.