03-03-10 – Something’s Mising

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-03-10 – Something’s Mising

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Well it’s a contest after all. If two people have the same subject, who executed the photograph better?

If I could throw in my $.02, I think linking to another picture highlighting your missing attributes or an explanation for those who aren’t getting it would be better than captions. Because if you’re like me, you’ll want to stare at the picture until you figure it out for yourself. And come back again the next day and stare some more when you still haven’t figured it out. And then realize it helps to turn ON the computer monitor…

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Are we allowed to state what’s missing in our entries?

Certainly, if you feel inclined to. It wouldn’t be any different than any other contest that allows a caption or title. It’s just a matter of preference I suppose. Do I want to point it out, or just let the picture do the talking?

Anyhow…. yes!

soosh
    Participant

I’m kind of at a loss for this week’s contest. I’ve been super busy and haven’t had time to shoot anything new, I don’t know what I’m going to have in the archives that would fit, even a little bit.

ravnostic
    Participant

Soosh? At a loss? I can’t imagine! Post an iceberg without a polar bear, haha. You’ll kick yourself in your own butt when you see mine. You could be shooting it in 10 minutes.

corsec67
    Participant

Yeah, like I had an interesting idea:
    Lens, flash, remote, card in the position they would be in if they were mounted in a body, but no camera body.

And then the idea I got last night(Wednesday night) was too good for me to pass up.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

My ideas pretty much fell through… again. I’ll throw up one entry just for kicks. Very, very excited to see what comes up tonight though. The possibilities really are endless. I enjoy that more than one specific subject. Sooo…. good luck everyone. See ya there!

soosh
    Participant

I’m hoping that once I see a few entries, something will click.

soosh
    Participant

though I guess a lot of my ruins stuff qualifies.

soosh
    Participant

ok, I’m all set.

justkat
    Participant

whew! just in time, soosh. 😉

ennuipoet
    Participant

I was so desperate for something, ANYTHING, to post tonight, I mutilated a series of innocent Easter Candies. I went to so far as to decapitate a peep and stick it’s head on a stake. This is how low Fark has brought me.

BTW: the green in front of the bunny is supposed to be vomit, in case that wasn’t obvious 😈

SilverStag
    Participant

I also have been unable to generate anything remotely interesting for this one. I’ll pass as well.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Orionid
    I have to assume that your theme was intentional. It is also certainly very appropriate.

ravnostic
    Participant

Soosh, I knew you’d find something!

Ennui, everytime I masturbate, a peep dies. Thanks for the good time!!

As for mine, I’m saddened that no matter HOW MANY TIMES and HOW MANY WAYS I took my picture, I could NOT get a super-clear shot!! Must be something about my screen vs. my camera. I picked the best I could; the full shot was taken mainly to show it wasn’t photoshopped, then cropped to show the removal of not just the Fark logo, but every other ‘Fark’ on the page, as well (including a reference in the posts, but that got cut out.)

It’s HTML coding (and wasn’t THAT a bear to figure out!!!!), so it should qualify based upon a substantial reading of the rules of the contest.

Already liking some of the goodest entries!

P.S.; in the pool shot (it should be obvious what’s missing), that’s me in the picture. 6 second exposure due to desire of depth and bar lighting. A be-atch to hold still long enough to get me even semi-clear [much like when I’m drinking.])

Elsinore
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • The topic ‘03-03-10 – Something’s Mising’ is closed to new replies.