03-09-11 – Stars

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I’ve always thought using three different types of pictures (or three different interpretations of the theme) is the most interesting/fun way to do these contests, if not the most vote-intensive.

I agree 100%

After agreeing 100%, I find that I have only two categories at present. Heh. Mild facepalm.

I have another idea and might pull it off tomorrow after work…

olavf
    Participant

One more before I give up on the idea of doing any AP shots
    http://www.follandfamily.com/TF/farktography/110309.stars/eclipse-6937_sm.JPG

=P

olavf
    Participant

I’ve always thought using three different types of pictures (or three different interpretations of the theme) is the most interesting/fun way to do these contests, if not the most vote-intensive.

I agree 100%

After agreeing 100%, I find that I have only two categories at present. Heh. Mild facepalm.

My three are all very different, though I may only post two. I dunno.

Toys’r’us apparently doesn’t sell giant rubber starfish anymore, and I’ll be dammed if the two stores we stopped at didn’t have any star-shaped glitter whatsoever.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I agree 100%

I said it was the most fun and/or interesting way, not the only way to go. Time, budget, location, and other constraints usually prevent me from doing three substantially different photos in any given contest. This week’s photos are shaping up pretty nicely, though, I’m going to have a lot of Bs.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Thanks to those of you who pushed me towards some creativety. It’s been a difficult last 6 months and I was at low ebb. I’ve got two that I’m willing to enter and have an idea for a third. Sometime you just need a gentle shove. Thanks!

This is why I choose Farktography over all the other places I could trot out my stuff. We’re, like, cool, and stuff. 8)

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Thanks to those of you who pushed me towards some creativety. It’s been a difficult last 6 months and I was at low ebb. I’ve got two that I’m willing to enter and have an idea for a third. Sometime you just need a gentle shove. Thanks!

This is why I choose Farktography over all the other places I could trot out my stuff. We’re, like, cool, and stuff. 8)

I’m a fan of the non-competitive competition here. We want to win but we are also willing to help someone else win.

ravnostic
    Participant

Early Bs. If I post them now, I force myself to commit to the three I’ve chosen instead, right? Just let me go with it–the agony of choosing is killing me.

http://fossilspringsaz.com/pics/2011/mar/09/starbs.html

clouddancer
    Participant

I think I’m just going to go with two tonight myself. There are two incentives for overtime from yesterday until Friday going on (one at $10/hour extra for four or more hours, and one for an extra $3/hour for each hour over my normally scheduled hours. I have two that are I think pretty good, but my other ideas I just don’t think will come out well and I really want to get in on that incentive pay, so I’m not going to spend the time on the shots and will just go straight to work. Hopefully I won’t get too distracted before posting in the contest. 🙂

mopsy
    Participant

rav, I like your moon shoot but I don’t think there are enough stars. Then I like #2 with what looks like catus silhouetted against the sky. That’s nice.

mopsy
    Participant

There I go misspelling words again. “Cactus!”

ravnostic
    Participant

Mopsy, I agree with the moon assessment–you can see more of the stars in the bigger version, but then you can also see the horrible CA on the moon, too. Hence the decision to let it go. I’m wondering if the moon ever passes directly over them, though, as the brightest stars could be all around the moon, judging from the distances, if it were just right–and THAT would be a cool photo. I like the one with the night cactus, too, and the road next to it–but I’m sure it will be outdone, and there’s the issue of the thin cloud horizontally across the photo (also a problem with the Orion shot). However, it IS currently my desktop background, and only got replaced when I took what became my third entry, a bit more terrestrial in nature.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

GAAAH, I’m having a really hard time deciding this week. I’ve got 8 prospectives, which I’ve narrowed down pretty well such that I’m faced with one last decision. One of these will be an entry, one will be a bee, anybody care to help me decide which?

First:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ikBXxBcxAAkCTlsZeQUnuw?feat=directlink
    I love this pic, but is it star-related enough for this contest?

Second:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ki-Jw1T1kf3hGsZyJ-i63Q?feat=directlink
    Streetlight taken with a star filter. Is it interesting enough? Will enough people get it?

Any and all opinions welcome.

ravnostic
    Participant

Plama, that sun picture is outstanding–I’d go with it (and if I did, I’d replace the sun image I planned on using…now I gotta rethink my entries, dammew!!)

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Alright, I’ll trust you on this one, rav. On your head be it if I completely fail! 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

Hey–now hold on a minute…just my opinion, I take NO responsibility in your selections…

unless you do really well, then it’s all me. Of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘03-09-11 – Stars’ is closed to new replies.