03-18-09 – Tableau

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-18-09 – Tableau

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

orionid – Dude! Strong work. I’ve been leading this one ( http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/static-reports/highestvotegettersrecently.html ) for a while now and you just bumped me. I have a few ideas for this week but no actual pics yet. Game on. 🙂

mopsy
    Participant

Since I did not get an answer to my first question, let’s try this a different way. Can we put text on our photos like we did at Christmas?

Hi mopsy. As others have said, we often caption. I’m going to do something like that (maybe). Text on the actual image? That’s sort of a Farktography special mod, like HDR or stitching or something like that.

Rats! The ruling is in. Guess I go to plan B. Maybe we could consider as a furture theme to do book covers of classics or well known authors with the title on the photo. Probably the book store manager coming out in me. Thanks for giving me an answer!

schnee
    Participant

Maybe we could consider as a furture theme to do book covers of classics or well known authors with the title on the photo. Probably the book store manager coming out in me. Thanks for giving me an answer!

That’s actually a cool idea – expand it to movies maybe? “Movie posters and book jackets”? Go propose it.

orionid
    Participant

orionid – Dude! Strong work. I’ve been leading this one ( http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/static-reports/highestvotegettersrecently.html ) for a while now and you just bumped me. I have a few ideas for this week but no actual pics yet. Game on. 🙂

Thanks alot. I saw that the other night and snapped a screencap, but didn’t want to say anything and sound like a giant d-bag. It’s all good, though, I’m quite certain my streak will start shifting back towards a slump as the themes slide to more artistic categories that can’t be solved with creativity and technology.

/Unrelated (mostly) note about to be posted in the pub and grill.

U-Man
    Participant

One of my ideas for this week is a famous painting/painter. I plan on post-processing my pic bit to make it look like a painting rather than just a photo. As long as I don’t go crazy in PS and I affect the entire image, I should be OK, Right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, the rules state specifically:

…the use of “artistic” filters that turn your photos into paintings or drawings are not what we’re going for here. Such use of these otherwise acceptable tools is discouraged and may subject your photograph to disqualification.

So I would think that would be a no.

U-Man
    Participant

All-righty then. Looks like I leave it as-is. 🙂 Perhaps play with lightness and contrast.

orionid
    Participant

One of my ideas for this week is a famous painting/painter.

Why is it that the only things coming to mind are Van Gogh’s self portrait or his painting of Gauguin?

schnee
    Participant

Since I did not get an answer to my first question, let’s try this a different way. Can we put text on our photos like we did at Christmas?

Hi mopsy. As others have said, we often caption. I’m going to do something like that (maybe). Text on the actual image? That’s sort of a Farktography special mod, like HDR or stitching or something like that.

Further clarification upon reflection: if the text is part of the photograph, then sure, knock yourself out. “part of the photograph” means that you took a picture of the text – it is part of the image in the tableau.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

All-righty then. Looks like I leave it as-is. 🙂 Perhaps play with lightness and contrast.

Maybe post your painting-fied version here after you have the entry in the contest? I’m curious to see what you were planning to do with it.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks Schnee for thinking further on my question about text on the photo. But it was not originally part of the pic. I added it. I hope my theme idea featuring movie posters or book jackets makes into a contest. Then I can use the photo in question.

Elsinore, I just wanted to give a heads up that I used catsup for the blood in my photo for the Tableau theme.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Should be fine, mopsy since it doesn’t look freakily like blood, but thanks for the advance notice. 🙂

wrayvynn
    Participant

all i can think of are “dogs playing poker” and “the last supper” I dont thik i know that many hippies…o0o, dahli…

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

In case you’re looking for some inspiration, here’s a set of amusing photos along the same lines as this contest. I found it by accident GIS’ing tonight and had to pass it along.

U-Man
    Participant

When I asked the question about photoshopping, this is what I had in mind.

Real Andy Warhol –

My version – This is altered quite a bit more than I planned for the theme. I decided to go a different direction and have three other choices. If I do decide to get soupy, I’ll use an unproccessed verion.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘03-18-09 – Tableau’ is closed to new replies.