03-18-09 – Tableau

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-18-09 – Tableau

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

*shakes fist @ U-Man!!!!*

dammit!! Now I need new ideas!

U-Man
    Participant

Not so, my friend. Unless you planned on making your pics look like paintings you should be fine. Perhaps I should have waited until later to present my soup can as a B-side. Sorry if I messed up. If you have something similar you want to use (and it fits in the rules) go for it. I’m doing three photos with people in them.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

When I asked the question about photoshopping, this is what I had in mind.

Cool 🙂

soosh
    Participant

one thing you could do, U-Man, or others, is to make the soup can label in photoshop, print it out, paste it on a can, then take a picture of that.

my photos are going to be something along the lines of Circus Peanuts Present Great World Tragedies

nobigdeal
    Participant

Not so, my friend. Unless you planned on making your pics look like paintings you should be fine. Perhaps I should have waited until later to present my soup can as a B-side. Sorry if I messed up. If you have something similar you want to use (and it fits in the rules) go for it. I’m doing three photos with people in them.

I will use the soup can as a last resort if I can’t shoot anything else. So far I have 2 ideas. I am going heavy on the “evokes” part of the theme description. not so much a duplicate but similar…

I have these two I did today but I’m not sure I like them.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

RCA / Victor pug 1

RCA / Victor Pug 2

Frankie was not too pleased with me this afternoon…

soosh
    Participant

I like the second one a lot.

mopsy
    Participant

NoBigDeal, that’s a laugh out loud set of pictures! I think they are great. The first one looks more like the “icon” of what I remember of the dog and the phonograph player, but the second says alot about what the dog is thinking. Probably not SFW. The thinking that is! I’m still laughing!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Yea I like that one better too but I think the first one evokes the original image more. I wish the back ground was better but you don’t know how much of a spaz case this puppy is. I am amazed I got him to sit still for ten minutes on the couch.

U-Man
    Participant

one thing you could do, U-Man, or others, is to make the soup can label in photoshop, print it out, paste it on a can, then take a picture of that.

Ahhh. You sneaky. That’s twisting the rule pretty hard. 🙂

NBD – Either one works for me. Good stuff.

soosh
    Participant

I don’t know that that’s twisting the rule too hard. I mean hell, I’m using circus peanuts to recreate a presidential assassination.

schnee
    Participant

I don’t know that that’s twisting the rule too hard. I mean hell, I’m using circus peanuts to recreate a presidential assassination.

I hope you are not teasing me.

This is exactly what I wanted to do with this theme (I also wanted to do it for “Barbie and Ken”). But, Mrs Schnee’s good taste and lack of finding an appropriately scaled 60’s era convertible stymied me.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah but something about “illegally” photoshopping a photo and then taking a pic of that seems slimy to me. To take it to an extreme, I could google a famous photo, print it, photograph the print and then call it mine. Doesn’t work.

What you have planned is, in my opinion, completely different. I’m looking forward to this theme. I hope yours are as good as the sword-swallower or fire-eater guy from “See you at the fair.” 🙂

soosh
    Participant

I’m not teasing you at all. And I’ve got a scale model of the Kennedy death car all ready to go. I’ve just got to figure out how much blasted circus peanut head I can feature without getting my image pulled. I’m figuring hamburger meat = too far, but maybe a bit of melted spice drop would be ok. or perhaps cotton wool with some fingernail polish on it.

soosh
    Participant

Yeah but something about “illegally” photoshopping a photo and then taking a pic of that seems slimy to me. To take it to an extreme, I could google a famous photo, print it, photograph the print and then call it mine. Doesn’t work.

What you have planned is, in my opinion, completely different. I’m looking forward to this theme. I hope yours are as good as the sword-swallower or fire-eater guy from “See you at the fair.” 🙂

I was thinking more along the lines of printing out one of warhol’s soup cans, pasting that onto an actual can, and then photographing that being obviously three-dimensional. I think that would be kind of cool. But maybe not within the confines of this contest.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m not teasing you at all. And I’ve got a scale model of the Kennedy death car all ready to go. I’ve just got to figure out how much blasted circus peanut head I can feature without getting my image pulled. I’m figuring hamburger meat = too far, but maybe a bit of melted spice drop would be ok. or perhaps cotton wool with some fingernail polish on it.

I am SO glad that Mrs. Schnee and her good taste no control over soosh.

/hamburger meat…heh…*shakes head while chuckling*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘03-18-09 – Tableau’ is closed to new replies.