03-18-09 – Tableau

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-18-09 – Tableau

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Iconic images exist in every culture. Take a photograph evoking one of them.

Theme suggestion courtesy of the Keeper of the FSM, schnee–thanks!

schnee
    Participant

I, for one, need to find a 1/14 scale model of a … nah, that would be giving too much away.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

@ schnee or whoever,

The original description for this theme included “movie scenes, etc.” Does that still apply?

linguine
    Participant

I think movie scenes were just an example of a type of famous scene that you could recreate.

schnee
    Participant

Yeah, whatever famous scene you can recreate, go for it. Movies, books, myths, Hindenbur…. dammit!

mopsy
    Participant

Can we put a caption with an explanation or is this like the Word Play theme?

JeffyD
    Participant

Is this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/3212213737_95749405c9_b.jpg

Gonna get me banninated? There’s some blood. I got banninated from the PS contests for showing a really bad rash!

olavf
    Participant

is that blood on it’s back from the picadore’s lance? If so, it’d probably get pulled for you.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

is that blood on it’s back from the picadore’s lance? If so, it’d probably get pulled for you.

That’s quite a lot of blood and it’s caused by someone intentionally wounding the bull. So while I’m not a moderator, my guess is that it’s against the rules.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, blood and wounded animals make people squeamish, so it wouldn’t be good to post inline. You could post a link with a waring of the content, though.

mopsy
    Participant

Since I did not get an answer to my first question, let’s try this a different way. Can we put text on our photos like we did at Christmas?

U-Man
    Participant

Since I did not get an answer to my first question, let’s try this a different way. Can we put text on our photos like we did at Christmas?

Not my theme, but I’d say no. But we can (almost) always caption our pics at the bottom. I’m curious. Are you thinking of a poster like “I WANT YOU FOR THE US ARMY” or something?

orionid
    Participant

Not my theme, but I’d say no. But we can (almost) always caption our pics at the bottom. I’m curious. Are you thinking of a poster like “I WANT YOU FOR THE US ARMY” or something?

Or one of your 33 1/3 LP covers?

mopsy
    Participant

It’s a well known classic novel that I have a great cover idea I could set up and photograph. It would be neat to be able to put the name of the classic on the photo. But I can put it below if that is what the rules call for.

schnee
    Participant

Hi mopsy. As others have said, we often caption. I’m going to do something like that (maybe). Text on the actual image? That’s sort of a Farktography special mod, like HDR or stitching or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • The topic ‘03-18-09 – Tableau’ is closed to new replies.