03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    3Horn
    Participant

He’s awfully cute. Did he have big nutsack? Cause maybe that would help your chances 😉

Oh yeah, you can definitely tell that he’s a male.

FutherMucker
    Participant

I LOVE the little people of the trees !

Maybe you have some Spiffy in nature? It’s better I think than inside house.

Here is a young cutie from friends house window. Not sharp, but I like it.

andyofne
    Participant

This guy was always hanging around my mother’s trailer in the trailer park. He’ll take a nut from your hand.

FutherMucker
    Participant

He’ll take a nut from your hand.

ORLY ?

Perhaps from my cold, dead hand he will try it. 😆

I’m joking on this. Nice picture !! 8)

Uranus
    Participant

This guy was always hanging around my mother’s trailer in the trailer park. He’ll take a nut from your hand.

why would I have only one of my nuts in my hand? why would I offer it to a squirrel ?

FutherMucker
    Participant

why would I have only one of my nuts in my hand? why would I offer it to a squirrel ?

Grappig !!! 😆 😆 😆

Maybe because you are feel generous today !

boringolddoug
    Participant

Hey, you’re a grown up now. Figure out your own psychoses.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Sorry 3Horn, that does not make the cut. You’d be a little hard prressed to convince many people that your bedroom is natural.

3Horn
    Participant

No worries. I have some others that I can use.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I think squirrels might end up being a popular entry. I was thinking of taking some myself this weekend.

Uranus
    Participant

there are no more natural posers than herons!

jekxrb
    Participant

I have some photos from a day when I was on a mountain in Italy and a herd of cattle came through where we were. It’s a totally wild setting and the cows were on their own, but now that I look closely, there are tags in their ears; I suspect these were someone’s cows. (It’s common for people there to let animals such as sheep and cows just roam in herds by themselves.) Would that be ‘natural’ enough, or the fact that the cows are tagged & likely owned by a person disqualify them? I’m not 100% sure whether I’d use one of the photos anyways, but I’d like to know if I have the option.

I guessing others will also be wondering about farm animals, cattle, those sorts of subjects–are they ok? Does an animal have to be completely wild/undomesticated?

corsec67
    Participant

I have some photos from a day when I was on a mountain in Italy and a herd of cattle came through where we were. It’s a totally wild setting and the cows were on their own, but now that I look closely, there are tags in their ears; I suspect these were someone’s cows. (It’s common for people there to let animals such as sheep and cows just roam in herds by themselves.) Would that be ‘natural’ enough, or the fact that the cows are tagged & likely owned by a person disqualify them? I’m not 100% sure whether I’d use one of the photos anyways, but I’d like to know if I have the option.
    ….

Some fuel for the fire, sometimes even truly “wild” animals can be tagged:
    flickr page

(Chronic wasting disease is a problem here, and possibly that tag is to study deer movement)

I think I am going to try to enter some animal pictures that are more “aww, cute!” than that, but I am not quite sure yet.

lokisbong
    Participant

does this fit the theme?

it is in a pasture. if not thats cool.I live near the biggest trees in America and one of the cleanest rivers in North America. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I guessing others will also be wondering about farm animals, cattle, those sorts of subjects–are they ok? Does an animal have to be completely wild/undomesticated?

Well, the description specifically says no domesticated animals, so I would think those cows wouldn’t qualify, nor would any other farm animals.

corsec67: I wouldn’t think tagged deer would be a problem; they aren’t typically domesticated animals.

lokisbong: Think those are deer as well? Seems fine to me.

Of course, it’s Morningbreath‘s theme suggestion, so if I’m not interpreting the description as intended, Morningbreath feel free to clarify.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘03-19-08 – Nature Photography’ is closed to new replies.