03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Morningbreath
    Participant

No, Elsinore, you got it right.

jekxrb you might want to suggest a farm theme. I don’t think we’ve done one yet, and it sounds like you have some good photos for that theme.

http://www.naturephotographers.net/index.html This site gives some good examples, A couple cityscapes are included, I really don”t know why, but the other photos really show the full range of nature photography. the pictures tend to focus on wildlife photography, but my photos area going to concentrate on landscapes, and, if I can find my negatives, underwater photography.

I don’t want to be much of a thread nazi. I really did not give too many limitations to this contest. I hope people will police themselves. If they feel the photo represents a view of the natural world, they should submit it. If its really questionable, save it for another contest.

jekxrb
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore & Morningbreath!

lokisbong
    Participant

they are wild elk.they are just in a not so wild setting?

lokisbong
    Participant

That and I took almost a hundred pictures today on the Seven mile hike a friend talked me into going on.So I have plenty to chose from that might be clearer and not as blurry .didn’t see any more elk though.

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh and Thanks, Elsinore & Morningbreath!

Jesufication
    Participant

A couple cityscapes are included, I really don”t know why

The same reason an ant hill or termite mound would be included 😛

Also, lucky me I’m back in the boonies for spring break! I should go out and take photos for this tomorrow.

idle_hands
    Participant

has to be animals/birds etc. in the wild? no zoo dwelling animals?

andyofne
    Participant

I was wondering that myself but then I thought “if you can’t tell it’s in a zoo…” So far as I know, all ‘zoo’ animals are ‘natural’.

johnebones
    Participant

Got a question about adding links to an entry.

If I post an image for voting, can I also post a link that ‘pops’ to a similar shot but taken from a different angle?

linguine
    Participant

Im fairly certain people have done things like that before and been fine.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I was wondering that myself but then I thought “if you can’t tell it’s in a zoo…” So far as I know, all ‘zoo’ animals are ‘natural’.

Yeah, I’m thinking if it isn’t a picture of a wild animal in an obviously human environment (e.g. a fox in the middle of a road, obvious cages/fences showing), it should be fine. Morningbreath can clarify if that isn’t the case.

FutherMucker
    Participant

While MorningBreath decides, here is an excellent article that inspired me to visit the zoo last fall. Check out all three pages if you’re interested. Some of the top wildlife photographers make a good living selling their images taken at the zoo. I managed to get several keepers using their methods.

http://www.popphoto.com/popularphotographyfeatures/4446/the-safari-next-door.html

Morningbreath
    Participant

Zoo photographs are fine, as long as they fit the theme. I don’t think it is possible to police that anyway.

U-Man
    Participant

I spent a couple of hours in the woods this weekend with my camera and 100 mm macro as the only lens. Pretty cool stuff out there when you look closely. 300-some pics later, there are a few that I like.

I imagine that there will be some really good pics this week with such a wide open theme. Folks will be scouring their hard drives for the good stuff. At least one of my ‘possibles’ is a few years old.

U-Man
    Participant

Question for the mods – My Mom, 66 years old and working 60 hours a week because she wants to, has been following my (and your) Farktography for the past six months or so. She’s really starting to get into it. While she is an extreme novice with photography, probably doesn’t know what an f-stop is, she is also one to embrace all that life has to offer. I’ve been bugging her to take some pics and enter them. Tonight, she sent me a couple pics that she took and would like my help in getting them onto Fark.

Would it be okay if I added them to my image-hosting site and she entered them using her sign-on and password? I don’t see a problem as long as they are her photos, but I don’t want to rattle anybody’s cage.

I’m excited for her. I know that we’re small-beans, but it is still pretty cool. By the way, she’s probably the neatest lady I have ever had the privledge to know. Look for “Mopsy”.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘03-19-08 – Nature Photography’ is closed to new replies.