03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had a hard time choosing this week and picked three fairly abstract ones (compared to other choices). But I did want to post this for people to see anyway. Three is an awfully small number some weeks. 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

You cervidly seem to like to like the deer…

*groan*

Flavivirus
    Participant

there is a zoo animal in the thread… with a long neck…

Flavivirus
    Participant

i’m so sad i can’t post 🙁 can’t access my home computer 🙁 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Zebras aren’t typically domesticated animals, and the setting doesn’t appear human. Same can be said for the Giraffe. I think it’s well in keeping with what Morningbreath already said was acceptable within the description.

Killerclaw
    Participant

This was a hard one for me, picking which shots to use. I have a feeling this is going to be one with really high vote counts and get a few new people in.

swampa
    Participant

And Elsinore has managed to sneak in about photo of insects going at it! 😛

/Is that the 5th one now?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And Elsinore has managed to sneak in about photo of insects going at it! 😛

/Is that the 5th one now?

*cough 6th I think *cough*

jekxrb
    Participant

This is my second contest this month where all 3 of my entries have been of deer.

Maybe I should just start using the name deermofo.

I knew who had submitted your photos immediately, without looking at the name. Deer me, they do seem to appeal to you (not as groan-worthy as Elsinore‘s comment, but I had to try).

Pity the rules couldn’t be relaxed for staplermofo to do one of a stapler in the wild. I wonder, do they roam in packs or grow on trees?

swampa
    Participant

Pity the rules couldn’t be relaxed for staplermofo to do one of a stapler in the wild. I wonder, do they roam in packs or grow on trees?

I thought everyone knew they came out of the ground. How else do you think they get the metal for the staples? Duh!! 😛

FutherMucker
    Participant

Zebras aren’t typically domesticated animals, and the setting doesn’t appear human. Same can be said for the Giraffe.

I applaud the degree of leniency being shown here. Otherwise, nobody would believe that I have a time machine, and managed to get this image from ancient Egypt.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I applaud the degree of leniency being shown here. Otherwise, nobody would believe that I have a time machine, and managed to get this image from ancient Egypt.

“Ancient” Egyptian ruins aren’t exactly very natural 😉

What zoo is that?

andyofne
    Participant

Zebras aren’t typically domesticated animals, and the setting doesn’t appear human. Same can be said for the Giraffe. I think it’s well in keeping with what Morningbreath already said was acceptable within the description.

I went on a photo safari in Kenya in 1986. Unfortunately, I don’t have any of those photos in digital format.

They are all legitimately ‘natural’.

FutherMucker
    Participant

What zoo is that?

Detroit zoo. They now have a raised deck where folks can hand feed some of the giraffes at certain times of the day…I sooo want to do that next season !!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What zoo is that?

Detroit zoo. They now have a raised deck where folks can hand feed some of the giraffes at certain times of the day…I sooo want to do that next season !!

I’ve heard of other zoos doing that–that would be awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘03-19-08 – Nature Photography’ is closed to new replies.