03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-19-08 – Nature Photography

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Privilege. It is spelled p-r-i-v-i-l-e-g-e.

/doesn’t want the spelling Nazis to get all excited.

swampa
    Participant

Would it be okay if I added them to my image-hosting site and she entered them using her sign-on and password? I don’t see a problem as long as they are her photos, but I don’t want to rattle anybody’s cage.

Sclark5150 has been using my site for ages now and I haven’t had anyone say anything so I’m assuming it is fine. I figure it doesn’t matter which site it is from as long as they are taken by the person posting them then it’s all good :).

Oh, and welcome aboard Mopsy!

simdan42
    Participant

Are panoramics allowed? I have a few good panoramics that were stiched together using autostich that would be perfect for this contest.

Morningbreath
    Participant

stitching is not allowed, but it has been a long time since we have had a stitching contest. you might want to suggest that as a theme.

simdan42
    Participant

Well darn! Ok, off to select different pics then! I will suggest it as a contest. Thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Would it be okay if I added them to my image-hosting site and she entered them using her sign-on and password? I don’t see a problem as long as they are her photos, but I don’t want to rattle anybody’s cage.

Sclark5150 has been using my site for ages now and I haven’t had anyone say anything so I’m assuming it is fine. I figure it doesn’t matter which site it is from as long as they are taken by the person posting them then it’s all good :).

Oh, and welcome aboard Mopsy!

What he said. Besides, your wife has participated before, and I’m guessing she also used your hosting, so why would your Mom be a problem? Heck, she’s not even the first parent to participate–my Dad snuck in for awhile unbeknownst to me (though I figured him out eventually :lol:).

Either way, welcome to Farktography, U-Man’s Mom 🙂

U-Man
    Participant

What he said. Besides, your wife has participated before, and I’m guessing she also used your hosting, so why would your Mom be a problem? Heck, she’s not even the first parent to participate–my Dad snuck in for awhile unbeknownst to me (though I figured him out eventually :lol:).

Either way, welcome to Farktography, U-Man’s Mom 🙂

Oh yeah. I forgot about the schnee certificate photo that the Mrs. submitted.

Just wanted to be sure.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah no biggie. Shared hosting isn’t a problem for Fark (as long as your host can take a good Farking, which yours clearly can 😉 ). Now shared accounts…well, THAT would be a problem.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    SilverStag
    Participant

This one’s going to be another *epic* contest- I can tell already. Good job, people.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, gonna be crazy.

jekxrb
    Participant

Wow. Just. WOW. And we’re only half an hour in. Mad props to everyone; I can’t single people out this time.

I went for a long walk with my mother and her dog in the woods near their house and just happened to see an owl. I took tons of photos of him, none of which are fantastic as I don’t have a zoom lens, but I spent about half an hour standing at the bottom of his tree, communing with him (I climbed in to the forest to get very close and he didn’t budge, just watched me curiously).

For me, the contest ended right there. I felt like I’d already won.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got a question about adding links to an entry.

If I post an image for voting, can I also post a link that ‘pops’ to a similar shot but taken from a different angle?

You know, you can also submit that second shot of the pollen dusted bee as another entry. They’re both magically delicious.

corsec67
    Participant

This is my second contest this month where all 3 of my entries have been of deer.

Maybe I should just start using the name deermofo.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You cervidly seem to like to like the deer…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • The topic ‘03-19-08 – Nature Photography’ is closed to new replies.