03-26-08 – From a Distance

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-26-08 – From a Distance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

I’ve got a shot of a farm in the distance I took about a month ago. I kinda like it but a significant part of the photo’s composition is the sunset. Given this week’s ‘difficulty’ of no sunsets, do you guys think it would be appropriate? If so, I can always save it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Farm%202_6940.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I would have even noticed the farm house if you hadn’t mentioned it. I’m sure there will be a better theme for this one down the line.

lokisbong
    Participant

I’ve got a shot of a farm in the distance I took about a month ago. I kinda like it but a significant part of the photo’s composition is the sunset. Given this week’s ‘difficulty’ of no sunsets, do you guys think it would be appropriate? If so, I can always save it.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Farm%202_6940.jpg

That is one heck of a sunset!Awesome red color.It does sorta overpower the farm if you want my extremely uneducated opinion.Uneducated in photography at least.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

I have been having difficulty with this one. Sure, I can take pics of stuff that is far away, but the photos kinda suck. I have one creative idea (alternative interpretation of theme) but I don’t know if I’ll get the time to shoot it.

I’m glad someone else isn’t having much luck with this either… I too, can take shots that show distance, but they aren’t that remarkable.

One thing I was pondering is what is your definition of ‘distance’? Distance doesn’t necessarily have to be “far away”. You shot just has to show some sort of distance. 1m can be a distance the same as 1km, no?

attached is a somewhat lame example, but I guess distance is relative…

U-Man
    Participant

I’m not sure I would have even noticed the farm house if you hadn’t mentioned it.

Wow. I guess that means it is a sunset pic. 🙂

I knew that already but I was having trouble finding stuff for this one. Thanks for keeping me honest.

I dug out a pic from 2005 and went out and took some more. I’ll have three. Not great but three.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m glad someone else isn’t having much luck with this either… I too, can take shots that show distance, but they aren’t that remarkable.

One thing I was pondering is what is your definition of ‘distance’? Distance doesn’t necessarily have to be “far away”. You shot just has to show some sort of distance. 1m can be a distance the same as 1km, no?

Yeah. I got a theme-twist one just last night. And it has a toddler in it so it’s bound to get a few votes. 🙂

jekxrb
    Participant

Obviously it’ll need a mod or Killerclaw to make a final ruling (ahem), but in the original discussion of the theme, when it was proposed, the idea was to show a subject of at least a km away. I guess we should know if it was decided to relax that? A long shot can be difficult, but I kinda thought that was part of the challenge of the theme!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This one’s probably going to have a lot of gray areas that will be difficult to call. Remember also that not everyone reads this site and the discussions here, so some folks will only have the theme title and description to go by. As for MrBobDobalita‘s shot, the theme description says “Images that give a sense of distance from your subject(s)” (emphasis mine), so I guess in my mind, if the ruler is your subject, you don’t really show much distance from that subject. But again, I could see a gray area argument for it…

Wow. I guess that means it is a sunset pic. 🙂

I knew that already but I was having trouble finding stuff for this one. Thanks for keeping me honest.

Yeah, no biggie. It’s a nice shot, but I think it might do better in something like “Feel the Heat” or something else coming up.

Yeah. I got a theme-twist one just last night. And it has a toddler in it so it’s bound to get a few votes.

Somehow I’m not surprised 😛

jekxrb
    Participant

This theme has had Bette Midler’s song in my head all week. I look forward to its removal.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I have been having difficulty with this one. Sure, I can take pics of stuff that is far away, but the photos kinda suck. I have one creative idea (alternative interpretation of theme) but I don’t know if I’ll get the time to shoot it.

It’s certainly a distance

caradoc
    Participant

(sigh)

I hate when I submit one without enabling voting. I forget – should I post another one, or can a moderator fix that for me? It’s the lightning strike.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

(sigh)

I hate when I submit one without enabling voting. I forget – should I post another one, or can a moderator fix that for me? It’s the lightning strike.

It’s fixx0rd

caradoc
    Participant

Thanks!

It’s been a while since I entered one of these…

Flavivirus
    Participant

And I was like… “I KNOW U-man’s gonna use a cute kid… how is U-man gonna put a cute kid in there?”
    And blammo. Oreo.

love it

o o
    _/

Flavivirus
    Participant

Oh sure elsinore, fix caradocs and not my html-code mess! What kinda mod are you?! 😉
    (a joke complaint, my first post was garbled beyond belief)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘03-26-08 – From a Distance’ is closed to new replies.