03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Glass in all it’s forms. Note: For the purposes of this theme, ceramics and porcelain do not count as glass.

Another quality theme by Kestrana!

EdenLiesObscured
    Participant

no apostrophe required

zincprincess
    Participant

This should probably be in Tips and Tricks but I’m posting it here just in case someone else needs the advice y’all offer. How do I photograph something glass without getting a reflection of the photographer or her stupid flash in the shot?

Kestrana
    Participant

There are probably other ways but I can think of a few options.
    1. use a tripod and a longer exposure with no flash
    2. go into your flash settings (menu -> flash -> manual ->) change to a lower setting like 1/8th to reduce glare
    3. shooting at an angle if you’re shooting through glass
    4. use an off camera flash to the side of where you are shooting from

orionid
    Participant

A circular polar filter also helps when shooting through glass at an angle. My CP was my very best friend in Vegas.

SilverStag
    Participant

A circular polar filter also helps when shooting through glass at an angle. My CP was my very best friend in Vegas.

Hope Kes doesn’t read that 🙂

soosh
    Participant

polarizing filter, for sure.

Farktographer
    Participant

Got myself some empty glass bottles from work – hopefully I can get some pretty good photos out of shattering them. Then again, the whole destructive part should be fun anyways.

olavf
    Participant

But can you play the Great White North theme on them?

orionid
    Participant

Oh, she was more than a friend. 😆

Kestrana
    Participant

Oh he let me borrow it 🙂

clouddancer
    Participant

I don’t believe it does, but just checking anyway, but ceramics don’t count as glass, correct? Seems like a silly question, but just for clarification. I’m thinking that it is its own separate category, but just making sure.

Edit: And I can’t use a pictures of a glass pipe, right? It’s never been used, I just thought it was pretty, but that counts as drug paraphernalia, even though it could be for tobacco and is legal, so a no-no, right?

Farktographer
    Participant

I’m guessing ceramics, even porcelain, would be excluded from this competition – seems like the subject should be straight glass.

orionid
    Participant

I don’t believe it does, but just checking anyway, but ceramics don’t count as glass, correct? Seems like a silly question, but just for clarification. I’m thinking that it is its own separate category, but just making sure.

Edit: And I can’t use a pictures of a glass pipe, right? It’s never been used, I just thought it was pretty, but that counts as drug paraphernalia, even though it could be for tobacco and is legal, so a no-no, right?

What’s wrong with paraphernalia? People have posted photos of their “friends'” plants before.

Uranus
    Participant

And I can’t use a pictures of a glass pipe, right? It’s never been used, I just thought it was pretty, but that counts as drug paraphernalia, even though it could be for tobacco and is legal, so a no-no, right?

it’s just a glass pipe. anyone who sees it as anything else reveals more about themselves than the pipe. Shoot, post, WIN !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • The topic ‘03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained’ is closed to new replies.