03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Either of the “not funny” ones. In the “Funny” ones, I’d argue the subject is the girls, not the glass since you can’t really even see the glass itself.

I know. But I was going for different. Outside the box. A unique interpretation. You know, a B&W school bus. 🙂

(written with teasing mellow kindness and zero spite)

/looks like I should have used one of the other ones anyway.

linguine
    Participant

Either of the “not funny” ones. In the “Funny” ones, I’d argue the subject is the girls, not the glass since you can’t really even see the glass itself.

I know. But I was going for different. Outside the box. A unique interpretation. You know, a B&W school bus. 🙂

I liked the idea, but it did take me a couple seconds to figure out how it fit glass so I was wondering how it would do with voters.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Okay, is it wrong that I read that as sprite zero at first glance? For a brief moment I thought U-Man was giving us a weird and inexplicable window into his hydration habits.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey, I’ll take a Zero Spite. Or a Sprite Zero…gotta watch my girlish figure 😆

U-Man
    Participant

Okay, is it wrong that I read that as sprite zero at first glance? For a brief moment I thought U-Man was giving us a weird and inexplicable window into his hydration habits.

I thought I had already posted but the intarnets ate my response. Or I forgot to actually hit ‘submit’. One of those two…

Anyway, I did the same thing! I totally read it as ‘Sprite’.

ravnostic
    Participant

…no offense, U-Man; you got a vote, too…

Definitely none taken. I consider it a ‘great minds think alike’ thing. 🙂

I was running through the entries last night when my 4-year-old walked up behind me. She said, “Ooooo. I like that pink one Daddy” in reference to your glass blocks. She then spouted off several beautiful childish comments about the pic. I wanted to record them but didn’t, and now they are completely lost. They were good though! And cute.

Impressing a child is among the highest praise–thank her for me!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

ya know, I haven’t been able to find a black and white school bus (other than line art pictures) *any*where. But if I were to find one, I would totally send it to you 😉

U-Man
    Participant

ya know, I haven’t been able to find a black and white school bus (other than line art pictures) *any*where. But if I were to find one, I would totally send it to you 😉

K. I’ll send you some Sprite Zero.

Kestrana
    Participant

There’s no way to [like] posts on the forum 🙁

Elsinore
    Keymaster

K. I’ll send you some Sprite Zero.

lol awesome

Elsinore
    Keymaster

There’s no way to [like] posts on the forum 🙁

I know..it’s getting to be a serious shortcoming. Wonder if Zeke can find a plug-in somewhere…but then I think we’re running old forum software as it is.

olavf
    Participant

I know..it’s getting to be a serious shortcoming. Wonder if Zeke can find a plug-in somewhere…but then I think we’re running old forum software as it is.

*like*

And I know I missed a few good photos this week, but I’m using my mi-fi connection for the laptops because I’m too cheap to spend $28 for 24 hours of internet access =P

In other news, I’m sooooooo set for that ‘mountains’ contest though. Even though I haven’t done my ‘set up’ shot yet…

U-Man
    Participant

Coming into Wednesday night, I had high hopes for a #1 with my tilted glasses. But I saw that bridesmaid place coming two days ago. Jasihn’s shot light bulb was back around 15th or 20th place – but it was knifing through the competition. And rightfully so. It is a kick ass photo and fits the theme. 🙂

Congrats Jasihn.

ravnostic
    Participant

But I saw that bridesmaid place coming two days ago. Jasihn’s shot light bulb was back around 15th or 20th place – but it was knifing through the competition. And rightfully so. It is a kick ass photo and fits the theme. 🙂

Congrats Jasihn.

Ditto, noted the same thing when I was looking. I thought, “Okay, who’s going to be number two?” Contrats to Jasihn, and you U-man, and I’ll hope I can retain #3–it would only be my 2nd bronze, which would fit my small collection nicely.

//noted also Kashari closing in on me with her Desert Tower shot.

Kestrana
    Participant

Coming into Wednesday night, I had high hopes for a #1 with my tilted glasses. But I saw that bridesmaid place coming two days ago. Jasihn’s shot light bulb was back around 15th or 20th place – but it was knifing through the competition. And rightfully so. It is a kick ass photo and fits the theme. 🙂

Congrats Jasihn.

By that logic you’re the Elizabeth Taylor of Farktography… 😀

Well, at least you’d have a giant collection of fancy dresses!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 96 total)
  • The topic ‘03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained’ is closed to new replies.