03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Ceramics wouldn’t be considered glass for this but could be a fun theme on their own if you want to suggest it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

A glass pipe shouldn’t be a problem.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Well, someone’s been hanging around the headshop! Whoa, excellent!

kashari
    Participant

Shoot, post, WIN !

Then you can dirty that sucker up in celebration!! 🙂

bucky_bacon
    Participant

But can you play the Great White North theme on them?

Oh take off!

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Sorry for the dp – albeit two days apart – but,

How visible / obvious does the glass need to be? What if the subject of the picture was something that was on or through a glass surface but it was apparent that the glass was necessary to make it happen? Something like this –

http://www.speedpicks.com/glass3.jpg

or other similar underneath-something-sitting-on-glass type of pics.

Kestrana
    Participant

I’d tend to shy away from that sort of picture – after all the same beading effect could happen on metal or plastic.

Uranus
    Participant

hmmm..I like it, but to my mind the subject of that pic isn’t the glass, bucky. A good measure of whether something fits is if the immediate response from an outsider, when asked for the subject, names the subject – in this case glass.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Yeah I agree. Thanks for the responses.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Added the note about ceramics and porcelain, just so there’s no question.

clouddancer
    Participant

Figures. I never figured it’d be a go for that so I haven’t given much thought to putting a picture of it in the contest. I do have pictures of it, but now that I want to do some over, I can’t find the sucker. Don’t remember where I put it! Every time I get it out to do something with it, I move it some place else and lose it. I probably should have looked over the weekend to avoid this. Hopefully I’ll find it tomorrow.

Uranus
    Participant

Figures. I never figured it’d be a go for that so I haven’t given much thought to putting a picture of it in the contest. I do have pictures of it, but now that I want to do some over, I can’t find the sucker. Don’t remember where I put it!

you used it, didn’t you ! 😆

clouddancer
    Participant

you used it, didn’t you ! 😆

I knew that would come up. 🙂 No, I didn’t. Haven’t done any of that in years, simply lost the desire to do so. It was pleasant all the while, though. The point of getting this particular one was it was a color changer. By using it, eventually the colors would change (presumably by what coats it inside), but the running theory was also that I couldn’t clean it out to start over again. Hence, I only got it to look at it, not to use it.

I did find some previous pictures and I could possibly use one of those, but I’d still like to find it to see if I can get that picture that just pops, or is really cool.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I have a feeling that I won’t be able to post to this week’s farktography, can some one please post these on my behalf?

Many thanks!

Broken Glass

Glass block wall

Kestrana
    Participant

Yup I can post for you

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • The topic ‘03-30-11 – Glass 2: Shattered & Stained’ is closed to new replies.