04-04-12 – Pinholes, Lomos & Holgas, Oh My!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-04-12 – Pinholes, Lomos & Holgas, Oh My!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Is one of them the X-mas gift pin-hole? I’m eager to know how that turns out.

It’s assembled and ready for a test roll. I just haven’t taken it out yet. It is a backup plan for this theme, but I just kind of have to go above and beyond…. you understand, right? (at least, I hope you will if/when the results of the other ideas turn out)

Farktographer
    Participant

So if I sneak into my lab in the middle of the night to use the light projectors in the biology department to capture images of my film, and security catches me, I won’t be in *that* much trouble, right? Me with a macro setup won’t look *too* out of place, will it? :shocked:

ravnostic
    Participant

Probably no chance you’d all let me use the telescope–which is a unique mirror lens, and does hook up to my digital camera–for this contest, huh?

//just askin’.

Yoyo
    Participant

Rav, I think the idea behind this was cheap/DIY. Somehow a unique mirror lens doesn’t seem to fit the bill for this one. Not that I wouldn’t like to see the results.

Orionid, it’s perfectly fine for you to do what you like for any contest. I was just curious and want to know that I got my $6 worth plus shipping. 😀

linguine
    Participant

Probably no chance you’d all let me use the telescope–which is a unique mirror lens, and does hook up to my digital camera–for this contest, huh?

//just askin’.

I think it would be fine if you allow us to make some “modifications” to it first.

ravnostic
    Participant

I think it would be fine if you allow us to make some “modifications” to it first.

😯

Nevermind

//walks away, looks back suspiciously…

Barracuda
    Participant

A Holga pinhole lens for my Canon is on its way. Still considering also buying the normal Holga lens for it too. I do have the funds in PPal for it…

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Alright, in the contest description it says ‘cheap cameras’, what I’d like to know is: does this count?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6699305&CatId=3632

I spent a day wandering in and out of the electronics stores in Chinatown and got nothing. I really hope this fits the bill.

orionid
    Participant

Alright, in the contest description it says ‘cheap cameras’, what I’d like to know is: does this count?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6699305&CatId=3632

I spent a day wandering in and out of the electronics stores in Chinatown and got nothing. I really hope this fits the bill.

Looks sketchy enough, I’ll allow it. Ultimately, I’d like people to get out and do something creative with either full analogue or analogue techniques shoehorned into/onto a digital frame. I have already said though (perhaps in the initial voting thread?) that toy digitals would be okay. I don’t want to add a hard limit to the description, but I figure if full digitial must be done, then it should be less than 1MP on a less than $15 camera. This does both.

/Speaking of, Elsinore, just to preempt the heartache, do you mind if I add a no instahipstashit-o-matic apps/filters clause to the description?

lokisbong
    Participant

Looks sketchy enough, I’ll allow it. Ultimately, I’d like people to get out and do something creative with either full analogue or analogue techniques shoehorned into/onto a digital frame. I have already said though (perhaps in the initial voting thread?) that toy digitals would be okay. I don’t want to add a hard limit to the description, but I figure if full digitial must be done, then it should be less than 1MP on a less than $15 camera. This does both.

/Speaking of, Elsinore, just to preempt the heartache, do you mind if I add a no instahipstashit-o-matic apps/filters clause to the description?

I thought we already decided that there was to be no filters from real digital cameras like my Canon PowerShot ELPH 100hs. It has a toy camera setting that does rather convincing lomo looking pictures. Which was why I cut up a 35 mm piece o junk and wedged it on to my Rebel. Man that thing is hard to get useable pictures with. lol And even my crappy $50 walmart camera wouldn’t have worked with the standards you are allowing. which is fine because I gave that hunk op crap to a friend who didn’t have a camera at the time. I bet he has taken 3 pictures with it in the several years since I gave it to him.

orionid
    Participant

Right. I just wanted to make sure the no digital filters part made it into the description. As written, the description allows the craptastic keychain cams, but I was referring to someone who asked about using their daughter’s 640×480 playskool camera (turns out, I’m actually kinda familiar with that one…. don’t ask). I figured anything that crappy digital is more of a handicap in the “so bad it’s good” theme than a help so why bother striking it down and limiting participation.

Yugoboy
    Participant

The camera I’m planning on using is THIS VGA camera (although my faceplates are different).
    Trust me when I say this thing takes crappy pix:

(I do not know why this pic isn’t showing up except that maybe my browser’s embarrassed to post it)

lokisbong
    Participant

Right. I just wanted to make sure the no digital filters part made it into the description. As written, the description allows the craptastic keychain cams, but I was referring to someone who asked about using their daughter’s 640×480 playskool camera (turns out, I’m actually kinda familiar with that one…. don’t ask). I figured anything that crappy digital is more of a handicap in the “so bad it’s good” theme than a help so why bother striking it down and limiting participation.

Fair enough. It seems other than you price comment the $50 wallyworld camera would have fit the bill. I used it for the first probably half dozen contest I entered. like the helicopter from the first curves contest. I just went to imageshack to link it and It seems some of the oldest pictures are missing now. Not even sure I have a cd backup of those. lolwell

ravnostic
    Participant

The camera I’m planning on using is THIS VGA camera (although my faceplates are different).
    Trust me when I say this thing takes crappy pix:

(I do not know why this pic isn’t showing up except that maybe my browser’s embarrassed to post it)

I’m getting a message that I need to sign in to your hosting service, so that might be it. Post it ‘public’, perhaps?

Yugoboy
    Participant

Fair enough. It seems other than you price comment the $50 wallyworld camera would have fit the bill.

He also said “less than 1mp”. Does the Wally World one qualify? I believe a “VGA” qualifies (640x480px). I’ve got an old cell phone that would qualify as well… maybe that’s what I’ll use… the microSD card is easier to use than the Spiderman software.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘04-04-12 – Pinholes, Lomos & Holgas, Oh My!’ is closed to new replies.