04-04-12 – Pinholes, Lomos & Holgas, Oh My!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-04-12 – Pinholes, Lomos & Holgas, Oh My!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

I’ll also need an OBO please:

Hopscotch

Hopscotch
    Shot with a Kodak Instamatic converted to use 35mm film: the "Necromatic"

Winter Nights

Winter Night
    Shot with a 1915 Kodak Rainbow Hawkeye Box camera: the "Brick"

Sewer

Sewer
    Shot with a Holga, the "Farkholga". Subject matter befits the medium used to capture it.
    (or as my husband would say, holgas are shiat so I used one to take a picture of the shiattube)
    Yugoboy
    Participant

Gotcha covered Kestrana

If somebody else was going to do it, stop me before 8 o’clock.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Fluffy-B (and orionid) – I’m 99.9% sure I’ll be sitting here at post time. I’ll let Fluffy do the honors but if that falls through just give me a heads up.

What I came here to ask is this…just what is this artifact called? The bloom, smeared look of the daisies.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/farktography/Holga_9892b.jpg

I’ll be here at the opening so I’ll post Orionid’s stuff.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks O.
    OK Fluffy-B.

sleeping
    Participant

just what is this artifact called? The bloom, smeared look of the daisies.

It looks like there may be some motion blur in there too, but I think it’s mostly spherical aberration – very simple lenses can’t focus all of the incoming light into a single point, so you get a kind of halo effect.

ennuipoet
    Participant

You know, I am kinda bummed I just received an Argus C3 that would’ve been perfect for this theme.

Yugoboy
    Participant

1 – I screwed up one of the OBOs, I forgot to credit Kestrana.

Please delete the first one. Looks like somebody got it…

2 – Kestrana Fark says your first one is too large… if you don’t get to it before midnight, I’ll shrink it, host it and post it.

Never Mind… got it.

FWIW – I followed your link back to your image’s Flickr page, and then replaced the image’s URL with the URL for the 500px wide version. The HTML re-sized the pic back to 640px for display purposes. Resolution may not be perfect, but at least the pic got posted.

BTW – I am always happy to OBO for anyone. I’m benefiting from your (you know who you are) TF, and it’s about the only way to pay it back to the community as a whole.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/7033367

You know, I am kinda bummed I just received an Argus C3 that would’ve been perfect for this theme.

Alas, I’d already posted some Argus C3 stuff for another theme and didn’t like the other stuff I had left from it. Need to go shooting with it again, but then I also need to pull one of the shutter leaves to put in another older Argus I have.

sleeping
    Participant

Those actually have a pretty decent lens on them if it’s in good shape, I’m not sure it’s low-fi enough to qualify.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Please delete the first one.

Got it

ennuipoet
    Participant

Those actually have a pretty decent lens on them if it’s in good shape, I’m not sure it’s low-fi enough to qualify.

I just took it out of the box and it is surprisingly great shape! The lens looks nice and shutter seems to sync. So, I think you are correct. The Seagull, on the other hand, is the perfect camera for this theme. What a piece of crap! I was shooting at f8 through f11 on TriX and the three I posted are the only ones I didn’t trash.

I really miss my Yashica Mat!

Yugoboy
    Participant

Got it

Thanx mucho, BTW

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it

Thanx mucho, BTW

n/p!

Yugoboy
    Participant

n/p!

If you’re still up, some twit made a ass-hole-tastic comment, and I went ahead an made a snarky response… both should probably be deleted.

lokisbong
    Participant

inelegy 2012-04-05 01:11:47 AM It says in his description that their father took the shot. I would let the picture stay unenvoteified if I had the power. It definitely fits the theme I think other than who pushed the shutter button.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 122 total)
  • The topic ‘04-04-12 – Pinholes, Lomos & Holgas, Oh My!’ is closed to new replies.