04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    mopsy
    Participant

My daughter, Debbie tried voting from here and it would not let her. It seems that about 10 photos said I had already voted. The rest went through. Fark has not responded yet. Does it usually take awhile for them to reply?

Did Debbie vote for those ten but not the others?

Yes, it usually takes the fark folk a day of so to reply.

I don’t know. I’ll have to check. Computers are a wonderful invention until they don’t work right. I wish I had a better technical understanding of what makes them tick!

QueenBee
    Participant

U-Man I think one of my pics this week could be part of your winning picture! 🙂 Good shot! I almost forgot about this contest and I’m surprised my Emu did as well as it did!

justkat
    Participant

U-Man I think one of my pics this week could be part of your winning picture! 🙂 Good shot! I almost forgot about this contest and I’m surprised my Emu did as well as it did!

heh, likewise my worm, but then i’m always surprised when my pictures do well.

/thus my signature line… 😉

Morningbreath
    Participant

heh, likewise my worm, but then i’m always surprised when my pictures do well.

/thus my signature line… 😉

I really liked your photo, justkat, it was the first one I voted for. it had the right amount of ugly, and personality-if a worm can have personality.

U-Man
    Participant

Overall, I liked this theme. Not an instant classic, but good nonetheless. Lots of folks got the idea of interesting photo combined with ugly subject. Justkat’s worm comes to mind. I mean, if she had just stood over the worm and clicked a snapshot it wouldn’t have worked. Laying down on her belly on a wet sidewalk and giving depth to that monster totally worked. 🙂

I still like SilverStag’s barn.

And QueenBee’s ‘What?Huh?Who?..Hi!” bird. He’s got it goin’ on.

If Don Flederino had been one of the earlier entries and if he was in a better setting, he would have stolen the show. Holy balls, man.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to U-Man for another week; good thread everyone 🙂

justkat
    Participant

thanks you two. U-Man, i’m constantly lying down on the ground to take pictures lol. or climbing up on something. the change of perspective is something that i cherish, for lack of a better word. my step-son did give me a look like i was nuts when i was shooting that worm though. 😉 (I was like ‘what? it’s huge! i have to take its picture!’ heehee)

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality’ is closed to new replies.