04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

Heh. I still got nuthin. My house is full of ugly, but I can’t make any of it look cool.

that’s been the bane of my week, i tell you whut. i keep finding ugly things — even things that have made me say ‘that’s disgusting, i’ve got to take a picture of that!’ — but when i get the pix home they just aren’t particularly interesting. d’oh!

U-Man
    Participant

Some pics I have used for other themes could have worked in this one.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Pole_0051.jpg – Collections
    http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Worms_9528.jpg – Tangled Up

orionid
    Participant

With 23 hours and 55 minutes remaining, I still have no idea what I want to do. So, in case I have to resort to the archives, I have two questions concerning this photo.

1) Elsinore, Is it safe for Fark?
    2) U-Man, would the subject be too human?

U-Man
    Participant

U-Man, would the subject be too human?

After posting this earlier, it struck me that the wormy pic has an awful lot of human in it. While she isn’t the main subject, I’d have to say that there is too much human in that pic to be allowed.

/the difficulty is to avoid cruelty.
    //better safe than sorry.

orionid
    Participant

Cool, no worries.
    Thanks.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

orionid: Just for future and general reference, the subject is Fark safe/legal, but I would defer to U-Man on it being too human.

olavf
    Participant

orionid: Just for future and general reference, the subject is Fark safe/legal, but I would defer to U-Man on it being too human.

My guess would be awesome, but too human.
    /on that note, wish I’d taken pics when I was in the bone chapel at Halstaat a few years back :/

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Aww man… I hate posting pics before the contest, but now after U-Man’s “too much human” comment I don’t really know about this one. I thought I’d be ok because while it does prominently feature a person they are obviously not the subject of the pic. I could always retake it w/o the person, but I really like the ‘modeled’ look of how it came out.

So, submitted for your approval/denial… http://www.speedpicks.com/ugly1.jpg

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d be inclined to say no, but I’ll defer to U-Man since he suggested the theme.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore.

edit…

U-Man
    Participant

In the process of responding…..

/poor typist 🙁

U-Man
    Participant

Damn! That’s what I get for trying to pay attention to too many things at the same time. I took a look at this earlier and responded hastily.

Note – It is my kids spring break and two of them have sleep over friends here for the night. That’s right, I had five girls under 11 running around. Some with facial mud masks. Plus there’s the wife. Then I had to kick their little asses on Mario Kart Wii. 🙂

Anyway. Orionid. When I read your question about being too human I thought you were referring to the pick that I posted. I don’t know why I thought this. I plead kid-induced temporary insanity.

You pose a somewhat sticky question. Personally, I have no problem with using the skull photo. The intent of my difficulty was to prevent cruelty via farktography. Obviously, the fellow or lady in your photo will not be taking any offense. However, I can see some folks getting fussy that a ‘human’ is the subject.

If I had Moderator duties tomorrow, I’d let your skull pic stay up. If I found one making fun of Uncle Larry, I’d yank it.

bucky bacon, I agree with your reasoning completely. The human is incidental. The shirt *shudder* is the subject. Therefore the pic is acceptable.

corsec67
    Participant

So the difficulty is no *living or recently dead* humans?

orionid
    Participant

So, submitted for your approval/denial… http://www.speedpicks.com/ugly1.jpg

And suddenly, every one of my Hawaiian shirts has become justified. That, my freind, is hideous.

Anyway. Orionid. When I read your question about being too human I thought you were referring to the pick that I posted. I don’t know why I thought this. I plead kid-induced temporary insanity.

You pose a somewhat sticky question. Personally, I have no problem with using the skull photo. The intent of my difficulty was to prevent cruelty via farktography. Obviously, the fellow or lady in your photo will not be taking any offense. However, I can see some folks getting fussy that a ‘human’ is the subject.

Gotcha. I’ll keep it on the backburner as an alternate, but I’ll try and find something else.

U-Man
    Participant

Uhhh. Yeah. Sort of. I guess. For sure.

/safest bet would be to have zero humans, dead or otherwise, in your pic.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality’ is closed to new replies.