04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    swampa
    Participant

I dunno, man. That damn pig is formidable.

Just needed some lipstick and it would have been perfect 😛

soosh
    Participant

mopsy, do you share your computer with anyone else with a fark account? fark has decided that my son’s and my wife and my account are all the same.

U-Man
    Participant

mopsy, do you share your computer with anyone else with a fark account? fark has decided that my son’s and my wife and my account are all the same.

It did this to us about a year, year and a half ago after I had been to Mopsy’s and logged on to fark on her computer. Fark thought we were the same person for a while after that – even though we were on computers 400 miles apart. It took a few e-mails to the fark crew, but they got it worked out.

/Haven’t been there since Christmas.

olavf
    Participant

We haven’t had quite that problem, but a funny one happened yesterday – Kat did her scratchpad stuff not too long after I did and she could see my posts – I’d used her computer for a couple of weeks last year when I was sans laptop

orionid
    Participant

Sounds like the matrix is being restructured……

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Confusion about who you are is almost certainly due to browser cookies. If you clear out all your Fark related cookies it should stop thinking you are someone else.

soosh
    Participant

I think it’s more than that. I’ve tried multiple browsers and computers.

swampa
    Participant

Yeah it starts with the cookies that tells fark that another account has been used and then there must be some code on the servers that links the accounts if they are swapping on the same pc (possibly after x times). Once that has been flagged it doesn’t matter what you try, you will be linked until you contact Fark to get it corrected.

This has happened with Sclark5150 and myself, then Ratty20 and myself. I have learnt not to let other accounts log onto my pc!

/At least this is my hypothesis of the situation.

U-Man
    Participant

Hey Mopsy, were you at Drewmeister’s place recently? Could the voting conflict be there? Maybe you guys could coordinate a test vote on something you haven’t voted for yet. You know, like one of orionid’s.

/Dude. I just couldn’t stop myself.
    //I’m joking! 649 votes over the past 10 weeks say I’m joking
    ///Pretty sure your shoulder’s are broad enough for that humor.
    ////My wife says that I think that I am funnier than anybody else does.

orionid
    Participant

Hey Mopsy, were you at Drewmeister’s place recently? Could the voting conflict be there? Maybe you guys could coordinate a test vote on something you haven’t voted for yet. You know, like one of orionid’s.

/Dude. I just couldn’t stop myself.
    //I’m joking! 649 votes over the past 10 weeks say I’m joking
    ///Pretty sure your shoulder’s are broad enough for that humor.
    ////My wife says that I think that I am funnier than anybody else does.

Hey, the way the voting’s gone this week, it made me laugh.

/no foul
    //still chuckling

U-Man
    Participant

/no foul
    //still chuckling

Cool. I had that on my computer for about an hour before sending it off. I really was worried that I might offend. Then I was, like, naaa orionid’s cool. He’ll be fine. 🙂

mopsy
    Participant

Just got home and I guess it’s nice to know that I’m not alone. My daughter, Debbie tried voting from here and it would not let her. But that was several weeks back and this is the first I’ve noticed it. It seems that about 10 photos said I had already voted. The rest went through. Fark has not responded yet. Does it usually take awhile for them to reply?

orionid
    Participant

/no foul
    //still chuckling

Cool. I had that on my computer for about an hour before sending it off. I really was worried that I might offend. Then I was, like, naaa orionid’s cool. He’ll be fine. 🙂

You waited an hour before slinging an insult in jest?

Amature.

/Where’s the smily for coy smirk?

U-Man
    Participant

My daughter, Debbie tried voting from here and it would not let her. It seems that about 10 photos said I had already voted. The rest went through. Fark has not responded yet. Does it usually take awhile for them to reply?

Did Debbie vote for those ten but not the others?

Yes, it usually takes the fark folk a day of so to reply.

U-Man
    Participant

You waited an hour before slinging an insult in jest?

Amature.

Maybe even an amateur. 😉

/never googled that word before ever. honest.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘04-08-09 – Ugly….But Has a Great Personality’ is closed to new replies.