04-18-12 – Sun in Frame

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-18-12 – Sun in Frame

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Some bees, plus some other shots I considered but won’t be going with:

I see what you did there. 🙂

/ I sort of with these threads had a “Like” button.

ravnostic
    Participant

Still a little numb from the dentist’s chair, Ulle? I caught the lisp. 😆

Thanks CISS; a shot with similar tones is one of the ‘ayes’

U-Man
    Participant

Still a little numb from the dentist’s chair, Ulle? I caught the lisp. 😆

Thanks CISS; a shot with similar tones is one of the ‘ayes’

TTFU you big bully. And, yeth, I thtill have the lithp with that firtht word in ‘TTFU’. 😛

Farktographer
    Participant

Damn you, sleeping…you got your sunset shot in mere seconds before I got there -_- Now I look like a copycat! 🙄

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    bender16v
    Participant

I’m glad you only get three entries U-Man, there are a lot of great ones though.
    A couple Bees, wasn’t sure if there was enough sun to use them:
    http://bender16v.com/fark/fark%20sun%20B.jpg
    http://bender16v.com/fark/fark%20sun%20B2.jpg

Dang it, just realized I screwed up the sizes on a couple of mine, oh well.

nobigdeal
    Participant

So umm…I know it’s kinda late to ask but, can we use fake suns or is the big fireball in the sky the only thing kosher?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t think that’s what U-Man had in mind, but technically, the description doesn’t say anything about an actual star undergoing nuclear fusion.

U-Man
    Participant

Well, I don’t think that’s what U-Man had in mind, but technically, the description doesn’t say anything about an actual star undergoing nuclear fusion.

What she said. In the grand scheme, a fake sun in this theme isn’t something to worry about.

nobigdeal
    Participant

What she said. In the grand scheme, a fake sun in this theme isn’t something to worry about.

I’m still poking around my folders. I may use it if I don’t find anything better.

Barracuda
    Participant

Got mine posted, 2 beers later I agree that my original 3rd choice was the better of the two. For some reason my tree/sunset shot had to be resized down considerably to get under the 256k size limit, even after re-uploading at a lower JPG quality setting. :-/

Farktographer
    Participant

Got mine posted, 2 beers later I agree that my original 3rd choice was the better of the two. For some reason my tree/sunset shot had to be resized down considerably to get under the 256k size limit, even after re-uploading at a lower JPG quality setting. :-/

That JPG limit really hurts sometimes. My danshui sunset photo looks sharp and ridiculously detailed in its original form, but after resizing it to fit fark limits it lost a lot of its pop. Maybe I need to try different converters to resize my images…right now I’m using the ViewNX. Does anyone have suggestions on cleaner photo resizes?

Farktographer
    Participant

I just finished my first round of voting then checked out the results. I’m shocked at how some of my favorites are at the lower end of the table.

/Disagreeing with voters is always my favorite pastime.

Yoyo
    Participant

Glad my battery was dead this afternoon from taking pics of botanical and memorial gardens by the time sunset rolled around. Otherwise, I’d be looking like half the pics posted. A lot of good shots this week, but after a dozen orange sunsets, the mystery is gone.

I too had a heck of a time getting my tree photo to fit under the Fark size limit. I had to reduce the jpg quality twice before Fark would accept it from Flickr, even though the three files I uploaded were 215 kB, 189 kB, and finally 170 kB. I use IrfanView.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Why don’t I see the voting buttons? Is it me or is it Fark?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • The topic ‘04-18-12 – Sun in Frame’ is closed to new replies.