04-22-09 – Frankly My Deer, I Don’t Give a Dam

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-22-09 – Frankly My Deer, I Don’t Give a Dam

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

B-sides. The first one could have the caption, “Om nom, nom, nom.” or “WARRRGARBL”.

Hey back off buddy, I already used the “Om nom nom” joke tonight! 😉

U-Man
    Participant

That makes me happy with my choice for #3. I was working whilst I was posting and didn’t notice your nom-nommer until I got home. Her mouth looks like a puppet. 🙂

btw – justkat, wtf is up with that deer stalking the kid. I thought it was a wolf at first.

justkat
    Participant

U-Man- we (olavf and i and my step-son) came upon a group of deer on a hillside and we crept up it part way to shoot them. well this one deer was trying to sneak around down the hillside and i was tracking it with my camera when all of a sudden i had my son in frame as well. the deer saw him more or less at the same time and ducked her head as if to make herself less conspicuous but when i snapped the pic it totally looked like she was sneaking up on my son. i lold hard.

millera9
    Participant

That makes me happy with my choice for #3. I was working whilst I was posting and didn’t notice your nom-nommer until I got home. Her mouth looks like a puppet. 🙂

btw – justkat, wtf is up with that deer stalking the kid. I thought it was a wolf at first.

Hah, yeah, that’s why it’s cropped like that; keeps the guy hanging out the back half of the deer-suit from ruining the ambience.

I’ll second your reaction to justkat‘s entry. My first thought as I was scrolling down the page was, “JESUS CHRIST IT’S A… DEER… GET In the… wait… what the hell?!” Very cool picture.

justkat
    Participant

I’ll second your reaction to justkat‘s entry. My first thought as I was scrolling down the page was, “JESUS CHRIST IT’S A… DEER… GET In the… wait… what the hell?!” Very cool picture.

heeheehee it will always be one of my favorite pictures evar. even if there are ways it could be more perfect, i still love it.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Hmmm, according to various websites, the Chicago shot I posted is a moose not a reindeer sculpture (despite what I heard from a tourguide). I have no idea if moose are close enough for the contest. If not please go ahead and delete that entry. The timestamp is 2009-04-23 05:42:14 AM.

If this doesn’t make sense, I blame the time change. I was in Chicago this morning and the SF bary area now, a little bleary…

corsec67
    Participant

Hmmm, according to various websites, the Chicago shot I posted is a moose not a reindeer sculpture (despite what I heard from a tourguide). I have no idea if moose are close enough for the contest. If not please go ahead and delete that entry. The timestamp is 2009-04-23 05:42:14 AM.

If this doesn’t make sense, I blame the time change. I was in Chicago this morning and the SF bary area now, a little bleary…

Moose is a species of deer.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Wow… massive THUD on this contest.

Thanks to Elsinore and NBD for the compliments.

soosh
    Participant

I wondered if moose would be allowed. I’ve been sick all week with a strep infection in my leg, so totally slept through this contest. Here are the photos from which I would have been picking.

and moose

millera9
    Participant

That jawbone is awesome soosh.

soosh
    Participant

thanks! I’ve got several from that find in the woods.

U-Man
    Participant

What’s up with the last one? Double exposure?

Either that deer is short or those dandylions are tall.

All of them are good. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get better soon (and have good pain Rx)

soosh
    Participant

the last one is a baby moose standing next to a mother moose.

dandelions do grow really tall up here, but the deer is standing on an embankment next to a road and the dandelions are at the road level.

no pain meds, unfortunately. dammit.

U-Man
    Participant

I didn’t see mama’s head at first. Just the hair on her shoulder. I like that one.

I got some vicadin for a pulled wisdom tooth last week. Didn’t even open the bottle.
    /sorry folks. can’t sell them. 🙂

soosh
    Participant

vicodin and me don’t get along too well. itching, tolerance-building, turns me into a raging asshole, etc. it was hell being on that and oxycodone after my quadriceps surgeries.

now the stuff they gave me for the second surgery, that kept me awake but oh so incredibly stoned, that stuff felt like drinking ice water on a hot day. just perfectly lovely.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘04-22-09 – Frankly My Deer, I Don’t Give a Dam’ is closed to new replies.