04-22-09 – Frankly My Deer, I Don’t Give a Dam

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-22-09 – Frankly My Deer, I Don’t Give a Dam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photograph deer and/or dams.

Theme suggestion brought to you by corsec67!

U-Man
    Participant

I’m so happy this one ‘made it’. This is the goofy shit that makes farktography better than photography.

corsec67
    Participant

I’m so happy this one ‘made it’. This is the goofy shit that makes farktography better than photography.

Yeah, the title made this one irresistible.

justkat
    Participant

while i plan on going out for fresh pix i have one picture already that i have to use, it is so awesome. well, it’s funny as hell, anyway. 😀

cameraflage
    Participant

Dams…as in “large concrete structures meant to hold back rivers”, or “female parent”?

(I figger I’d better find out before I make an idiot out of myself.)

corsec67
    Participant

Dams…as in “large concrete structures meant to hold back rivers”, or “female parent”?

(I figger I’d better find out before I make an idiot out of myself.)

I believe the consensus from the theme thread was “yes” to your question.

(Yes, the theme was created by me, but Elsinore and friends wanted a more open theme.)

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I am literally salivating in anticipation of this contest…

Morningbreath
    Participant

If I had a better lens, I would not even need to leave my computer for this contest.

olavf
    Participant

If I had a better lens, I would not even need to leave my computer for this contest.

That light differential will get you every time :/

I was just looking at one of my b-sides upside down (rotated 180), and I may end up using that just out of sheer perversity.

corsec67
    Participant

Yeah, the light differential and the reflections off the glass. (Which is why uncoated filters should be avoided).

I might use something like this for this contest. Or I could look for some dams here in Japan, with the cherry trees blooming.

justkat
    Participant

I might use something like this for this contest. .

that is so cute!

olavf
    Participant

Actually that begs a question… would something that was rotated 180 degrees, but otherwise be untouched be kosher?

corsec67
    Participant

Actually that begs a question… would something that was rotated 180 degrees, but otherwise be untouched be kosher?

Rotation is always fine. So are levels/contrast adjustment, rotation by an amount other than a multiple of 90 degrees, I assume perspective adjustment.

And, raises, not begs

staplermofo
    Participant

And, raises, not begs

Suck it logic and philosophy.

Are you going to petition lock makers to change the name to “permutation locks”?
    BECAUSE IN COMBINATIONS ORDER DOESN’T MATTER!
    AND THEY USE THESE IN SCHOOLS THAT TEACH MATH!

Psychology has it waaaaaaay worse. Not just the obvious Freudian stuff like libido and penis envy either. Just about every term used in psychology is currently being raped. I mean “raped” in the psychological sense.

Nevermind, I found the maths.

corsec67
    Participant

Just sorting through my pictures now… I have thousands of deer pictures, so getting down to 3 (or 2 and a Dam picture) is going to be incredibly hard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • The topic ‘04-22-09 – Frankly My Deer, I Don’t Give a Dam’ is closed to new replies.