04-30-08 – Purple

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-30-08 – Purple

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us photos with a dominant purple theme.

caradoc
    Participant

How dominant is “dominant?”

SilverStag
    Participant

Well, I thought of purple bruises, whips and purple velvet restraints immediately…

Killerclaw
    Participant

Well, I thought of purple bruises, whips and purple velvet restraints immediately…

Hawt.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I;ve got my purple nurple photos lined up.

jpatten
    Participant

Hmmm I have picture that sort of is purple… but I have a couple of picture ideas as well… just hope I can work on them before Wed.

XenPix
    Participant

For those of us who are colour blind, if it’s more on the pink side, will we be penalised for being a bit crap in the eye department? I can never tell the difference between pink and purple when it gets to the edges or darker colours. I sometimes struggle with blues and purples too. And then there’s the green and blue thing, which in theory means I could be taking pictures of green stuff and just thinking it’s purple. Egads!

But seriously. If it’s a bit on the pink side, it’ll be OK?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

How dominant is “dominant?”

There was discussion about that in the yellow theme along the lines of “should make up the majority of the photo” vs “can make up a small part of the photo but that small part dominates the composition.” A strong case was made for the latter, and the thread itself had many examples of the “small part dominating the larger” that worked well.

For those of us who are colour blind, if it’s more on the pink side, will we be penalised for being a bit crap in the eye department? I can never tell the difference between pink and purple when it gets to the edges or darker colours. I sometimes struggle with blues and purples too. And then there’s the green and blue thing, which in theory means I could be taking pictures of green stuff and just thinking it’s purple. Egads!

But seriously. If it’s a bit on the pink side, it’ll be OK?

Maybe you can ask a friend (or us?) ahead of time if something looks more purple or pink to them? If you go to the extreme light end of purple (e.g. lavender) it definitely toes the line with pink, and at the dark end, it definitely toes the line with blue. Maybe keep to more solid purples? Ether way, there’d probably have to be a bit of fudge room allowed since different monitors display colors slightly differently.

XenPix
    Participant

I’ll get my photos sorted tonight and check them here.

Thanks Elsinore

caradoc
    Participant

Yay, Elsinore approves! We are GO for purple!

jpatten
    Participant

Does this color count as purple to you guys?

*cropped from a possible entry*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like it to me

jpatten
    Participant

woohoo…. it comes from what i think is one of my best pictures 🙂

jpatten
    Participant

*sigh* … trying to setup a shoot and babies keep waking up and can’t do anything

jpatten
    Participant

Ok… I have to admit I finally got a couple of shots …. Lets hope they are good enough! but I went to bed a lot later than I planned

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘04-30-08 – Purple’ is closed to new replies.