04-30-08 – Purple

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-30-08 – Purple

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    XenPix
    Participant

Thanks XenPix

The painted building was in Sydney (Hyde Park Barracks), so no need to be jealous 😛

I didn’t think I recognised the building.

No jealousy here then. Never liked Sydney that much. :p

staplermofo
    Participant

I made myself queasy getting one of my shots, and I’m not sure at this point whether or not I’m going to use it. The things we do for Farktography 😆

[rant]
    I spent a good half hour tying a knot and making my fingertip turn purple.
    The idea was I’d make it look like a suicide, with my other hand coming in and looking shocked jazz style. Everything was looking good until I looked at it on my computer and it just didn’t look very purple thanks to my stupid ruddy complexion. That, and I started losing feeling in my fingertip. There’s a gross crease in my callous now too. And, on top of that, the shot I took of a red and blue stapler couple with purple stapler babies came out looking like an orange and purple couple with fuchsia / magenta babies. Stupid translucent plastic! SO I HAVE NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL! And I have a final today! ON MAYDAY! Which isn’t just pun-wise bad, there’s also a march right in front of my school.
    [/rant]

Great stuff everybody!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve had these staplers since the Stapler theme, and I figured I’d do some purple stapler shots. They didn’t turn out that great, but these staplers are for you, ‘mofo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/2454670973/

jpatten
    Participant

Shoot I really thought I had some very cool shots this theme… not as many votes as I was hoping for…. though I admit my focus was soft on at least one

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Don’t give up hope too soon. A lot of people vote on Thursday, and quite a few votes roll in Friday as well. That lightning shot is particularly sweet.

caradoc
    Participant

jpatten – and there’s always the capricious nature of Fark itself. Stuff that we find cool may not always translate well to the masses who’re fascinated by lolcats and poopy toddlers.

XenPix
    Participant

jpatten – and there’s always the capricious nature of Fark itself. Stuff that we find cool may not always translate well to the masses who’re fascinated by lolcats and poopy toddlers.

Amen to that.

And I noticed U-man brought out the latter again. Cheater! 😉

jpatten
    Participant

well I thought I was original on the lightning… I think so, only One other lightning shot made it in..

I can understand my water drop doing so poorly, it barely qualifies looking at it now…. not enough purple. Still At least I am in the double-digit votes.

jekxrb
    Participant

Kudos to EVERYONE; there are so many excellent shots! I wish I had time right now to be participating, but the last few weeks have been a real push to get my dissertation proposal done and submitted. Maybe I can play hooky this week and take some photos!

jpatten
    Participant

what? youre going to let little things like dissertations, work, or birth of your first born interfere with farktography? Shame! 🙂 Gotta set priorities.

jekxrb
    Participant

what? youre going to let little things like dissertations, work, or birth of your first born interfere with farktography? Shame! 🙂 Gotta set priorities.

I know… It’s silly of me! I looked at your photos while I was voting & I did vote for them (I especially liked the composition of the drop), but I think perhaps the colouring is at least partially why they aren’t garnering the votes you’d like. They’re a little dark and the bowl (which is very interesting with those flecks of light) is rather pink. The others are purple, but they don’t have the intensity of colour that some of the stronger photos do. Anyways, not trying to be nasty, just a little feedback (at least for what shows up on my screen)…

As I said earlier, great job everyone. And despite what I just said about intensity of colour, I think I like bobroberts‘ Mongolian ‘elder’ best. It could be straight off the cover of National Geographic.

jpatten
    Participant

well I know the drop has problems.. as far as the colors go… Its a bit difficult sometimes to tell what color it actually is.. the bowl was very purple to me.

bobroberts
    Participant

Hey, all –

I just noticed that my entry for this week is no longer being displayed, and instead has the tag “(deleted: Broken image)” next to my username. It was up as of this morning and the link to the original is still valid, so I’m not sure what happened.

Any moderators or fark-savvy people have any suggestions for a quick fix? Do I need to send a fark-back to someone? The html of my original entry is below:

Gobi Desert – Mongolia

jekxrb: Thank you very much for that compliment….that made my day. I’m humbled (and very lucky to have been to some interesting places)….

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey, all –

I just noticed that my entry for this week is no longer being displayed, and instead has the tag “(deleted: Broken image)” next to my username. It was up as of this morning and the link to the original is still valid, so I’m not sure what happened.

Any moderators or fark-savvy people have any suggestions for a quick fix? Do I need to send a fark-back to someone?

At some point the hosting must have had hiccuped for it to have been pulled. I’ve restored it, and it should be fine as long as the hosting holds up.

bobroberts
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘04-30-08 – Purple’ is closed to new replies.