04-30-08 – Purple

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-30-08 – Purple

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

n/p 🙂

wrayvynn
    Participant

I knew there would be alot of flower shots in this one, but i really didnt think i would have the ONLY purple shroom. more votes than i expected on that one, for sure. 😛

U-Man
    Participant

jpatten – and there’s always the capricious nature of Fark itself. Stuff that we find cool may not always translate well to the masses who’re fascinated by lolcats and poopy toddlers.

Amen to that.

And I noticed U-man brought out the latter again. Cheater! 😉

Damn straight I brought out the kid pics. If I can’t make the grade with an actual good photo I’m not above playin’ to the masses. 😀 Now, a good photo with a toddler…ah, that’s farktography gold.

Seriously, I wasn’t going to enter anything this week. I worked 80 hours last week, including Sat and Sun, and just didn’t find the time to try some ideas I had. (collective “awwwww” for U-man on three…) Then Mopsy called to say that she had uploaded her pics to the image host and posted them ALL BY HERSELF! That’s pretty big news. I have spent the last four or five Wednesdays on the phone saying, “now RIGHT click and select copy…now open the Fark window and paste it…yes, that is a RIGHT click…” Bless her heart. She didn’t grow up with teh internets.

Anyway, she pointed out that 2005 pic of my daughter in the snow in her purple snowsuit. Then I remembered the self portrait thing I took in some guys front yard while on a walk with the kids two weeks ago. Then I just threw in the AC/DC pope hat for chuckles.

I agree with jekxrb. Not to take anything away from swampa’s ferris wheel, I really like it, but that bobroberts photo is wonderful. schnee’s sand instantly caught my eye and sclark’s hound made me smile too.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Seems like every time I try a pic that is “different” I get shafted.

andyofne
    Participant

I didn’t participate in this one. Purple is a difficult color for me. I usually have something blue that I identify erroneously as purple.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I didn’t participate in this one. Purple is a difficult color for me. I usually have something blue that I identify erroneously as purple.

I stink at the color themes. What I thought were purples ended up not being really purple at all. Or, apparently, even compelling photos.

jpatten
    Participant

THe monitor plays into it soo much, even if your’s is calibrated correctly other peoples may not be so purple may or not be purple to the viewer.

lokisbong
    Participant

I think I got the color correct but I guess I just didn’t take “great”pics this week.I figured the Pansie would get the most votes but the literal one(purple cat) got a few more votes .Go figure. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn straight I brought out the kid pics. If I can’t make the grade with an actual good photo I’m not above playin’ to the masses. 😀 Now, a good photo with a toddler…ah, that’s farktography gold.

I know this is a wild thought, but surely you aren’t that hung up on the voting? I mean, you aren’t hard up for votes or anything. 😆 Seriously, though, your regular stuff is amazing…just doesn’t seem like you would need to stoop to that. Find your middle 😉

staplermofo
    Participant

I know this is a wild thought, but surely you aren’t that hung up on the voting? I mean, you aren’t hard up for votes or anything. 😆 Seriously, though, your regular stuff is amazing…just doesn’t seem like you would need to stoop to that. Find your middle 😉

You’ve never been without! You don’t know the pain of vote withdrawl!
    IT TEARS AT MY SOUL! 😥

Sometimes I think farktography is just a social experiment devised to find a way to make blatant vote whoring from politicians more palatable.

Next contest I’m going to claim I posted under sniper fire, despite a vast, ambidextrous wing conspiracy, from a post-racial world view, for the benefit of working Americans, those without health care, for the economy and to save the polar bears, while making new jobs with energy independence.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😆 oh I’ve gone without for plenty of weeks, but you might be on to something about the social experiment. If I had the time, energy, and desire, I’m sure I could craft some research proposals on Farktography 😉

Don’t forget that you want to suspend the TotalFark tax of $5 for the summer months, the savings of which will allow the lower and middle class to buy more staplers.

U-Man
    Participant

Aw c’mon. Stoop? Life went crazy and I couldn’t take the purple specific pics I wanted to for this theme. I searched my pics and found some purple stuff. Granted, there is some truth to my statement about kids pics and Fark. But mainly it was said in good fun. I’m proud of many of my kid pics because they’re more than just snapshots and I like sharing them. However, I like doing the creative regular stuff for contests better. Seems more like photography and not snapshotgraphy.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well “stoop” was because you said yourself you weren’t “above playin’ to the masses”, which suggests you see “playin’ to the masses” as lower on the Farktography totem pole than other stuff 😉 I wasn’t trying to be shitty, just point out that your non-kid stuff plays well as it is.

Honestly, I prefer non-people themes (of any age) because they seem to turn into more of a beauty contest than a photography contest. That’s not Fark-specific, just the way the “masses” roll.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘04-30-08 – Purple’ is closed to new replies.