04-30-08 – Purple

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-30-08 – Purple

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I made myself queasy getting one of my shots, and I’m not sure at this point whether or not I’m going to use it. The things we do for Farktography 😆

jpatten
    Participant

quesy? oh that could be interesting….

Why is it the longer I look at the pictures I was planning on using the less awesome I think they are ?

XenPix
    Participant

It is purple, honest, but is it purple enough?

jpatten
    Participant

Looks purple to me 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Very deep (and luscious!) purple 🙂

SilverStag
    Participant

Why is it the longer I look at the pictures I was planning on using the less awesome I think they are ?

That happens to me all the time. I’ve decided to just not enter some weeks, after reflection on my putative entries.

jpatten
    Participant

Well I’m still going to enter.. One for for a poor picure is better than no votes…. even if I am the only one voting for my own picture 😉 …. Though I think these are worth more than one

nobigdeal
    Participant

That happens to me all the time. I’ve decided to just not enter some weeks, after reflection on my putative entries.

I find that my judgment of my own pictures is lacking.

The ones I like never seem to do very well and the ones I throw in as a last resort get more votes.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Ugh… I had “feather edges” on when I cropped my photos this morning (very, very early this morning). So there’s a bit of a border which I didn’t intend. Are these final images OK? Or do I need to crop off the couple pixels?

To be clear, I don’t want borders and didn’t intend to fade out the edge like that. But since I don’t have access to the hi-res originals right now I’d prefer not to edit them anymore. But I’ll do whatever I need to do to comply with the rules.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Nevermind… I cropped a couple them from the big JPEG’s and they look fine. So I’m going to get rid of the weird edges before I post. I have to stop doing my edits after 2:00am, since I wind up redoing the work anyway!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

FWIW, a small border like that is always allowable, and I really had to look to see the feathering.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

OK, well that saves me some time uploading them, woo! I’ll use them as is.

Thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, not something to make a habit of, but I don’t think it’s noticeable enough to worry about, unless you don’t want the blue border.

linguine
    Participant

Im glad I had the incredibly original idea of shooting flowers for this contest.
    Swampa, I love your ferris wheel shot.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had non-flower plans and ideas, but nothing worked out well. So, yeah, I need a break from pouring over hundreds of shots of purple flowers…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘04-30-08 – Purple’ is closed to new replies.