04-30-08 – Purple

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 04-30-08 – Purple

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant

no flowers here… 🙂

swampa
    Participant

Thanks linguine 🙂

I never realised that there were this many types of purple flowers! I was thinking of lavender and then drawing a blank.

schnee
    Participant

Im glad I had the incredibly original idea of shooting flowers for this contest.

I was taking a photo class and during the Spring semester, everyone brought in images of Echinacea purpurea*. Everyone. When it was my turn, I almost declined to show. It got pretty humorous.

* – Purple Coneflower, which I declined to enter for this contest. My flower entry is a gayfeather.

jpatten
    Participant

I didn’t even think of doing a flower.. Not sure why, there are plenty around.

corsec67
    Participant

I tried to get origami paper to make a paper crane out of purple paper, but I couldn’t find any, and the purple paper I did get was too heavy to fold nicely.

Then I tried to use a magnifying glass to put a darkened “Fark” into the paper, but it kept catching on fire.

So I just burned the paper.

I really didn’t have a good idea for this week.

jpatten
    Participant

ooo Ya know, i wish I still had a little potassium nitrate… if you burn it there is a purplish flame

lokisbong
    Participant

I only have one flower this time and I’m not sure what it’s called. My brain is trying to say butterfly plant?I dont think it is though.

caradoc
    Participant

jpatten – You just got on The List, buddy. Didn’t you know it’s downright unAmerican to do anything with potassium nitrate?

(This post closed-captioned for the sarcasm-impaired – oh, and Kip Hawley is an IDIOT.)

Lots of amazing photos already… as usual. Is it just me, or has the average quality of entries in the Farktography contests continuing to rise?

Killerclaw
    Participant

I’m back!

swampa
    Participant

Yay!! Killerclaw is back!!

*o/* *o|* *|o|* *|o/* *o/*

Morningbreath
    Participant

swampa, great photos tonight.

swampa
    Participant

Thanks Morningbreath.

That is one scary looking rabbit in your second photo. Where did you find it?

lokisbong
    Participant

I’m awed by all the great photos tonight .I’m not sure I will ever be as good as most of you. I am also surprised there were not more flowers but then I tried to avoid flowers if I could.But that Pansie?just jumped out at me .I hope it does the same for you all.

XenPix
    Participant

Hey, flowers is pretty much what I do. I wasn’t going to not enter flowers. Dammit. And, I do not have purple in my house, far too girly. 😛

Swampa, that “painted” building, was that from the Adelaide festival? A friend of mine sent me a bunch of pics from that, and I thought how awesome it would be to have been there to take pictures, so if you were, I am so totally jealous.

Also, super shot of the wheel.

swampa
    Participant

Thanks XenPix

The painted building was in Sydney (Hyde Park Barracks), so no need to be jealous 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • The topic ‘04-30-08 – Purple’ is closed to new replies.