05-04-11 – Cloudscapes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-04-11 – Cloudscapes

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

You mean the fact that it’s upside down?

If this is it (and I see it now), that was REALLY subtle, rav

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not seeing anything TOO out of the ordinary. Me=confused.

ravnostic
    Participant

Ding ding ding ding–we have a winner!

//I thought surely someone would have mentioned it before.

ennuipoet
    Participant
    Kestrana
    Participant

I really like the one with the trees in the foreground

orionid
    Participant

I know it’s late at this point, but LikeTheSearchEngine: Lightning of the sun. is stitched. You can tell by the pixels, especially on the large size at flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23817561@N08/4162589318/sizes/l/ .

ravnostic
    Participant

I know it’s late at this point, but LikeTheSearchEngine: Lightning of the sun. is stitched. You can tell by the pixels, especially on the large size at flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23817561@N08/4162589318/sizes/l/ .

Totally did not see that, but you’re right; very obvious. Good show!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m just now getting to that…been a long day. But that entry is gone, now.

millera9
    Participant

Ding ding ding ding–we have a winner!

//I thought surely someone would have mentioned it before.

rav that gives me a contest idea that I think might be cool. Check themes forum for details. 😀

ravnostic
    Participant

Congrat’s to Plama on his 2nd win! Oh, and same to that other guy who tied him, whats-his-name.

(Just glad I didn’t totally bomb this one, after my fine showing in ‘Weather’. Damned well better be a good monsoon/haboob season this year; I need to replenish my stock!)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to plamadude30k and ravnostic this week!

SilverStag
    Participant

Well done to both of you guys, I couldn’t decide which one I liked better, so I voted for both of them 🙂

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Well, thanks, guys, and congrats to Rav! This was by far my highest vote-getting contest evar, which was especially nice after the last few vote-lite weeks.

EDIT: I should note that I though Rav’s shot was technically better than mine. I was only up there because of gimmick value. Gotta love those farktography voters!

ravnostic
    Participant

Don’t besmirch the win on technical finesse, Plama. Just goes to show that even a p/s liter farktographer has as good a chance as someone with far better equipment, given the right picture. I, being the Star Trek geek that I am, LOVED the shot. I’ll be looking for a Romulan Warbird or Klingon Bird of Prey up in the skies, probably forever more. (I think a Borg Cube is a bit much to ask for of a cloud).

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well done to both of you guys, I couldn’t decide which one I liked better, so I voted for both of them 🙂

Just got back in town early this morning, so I’m late to this thread, but congrats to you both with echoes of SilverStag’s sentiment – I couldn’t see casting a vote for one over the other so I also voted for both.

On a stats note, I updated the chart in my previous post with the final results. This contest turned out nicely. #21 overall, #7 in the past year.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • The topic ‘05-04-11 – Cloudscapes’ is closed to new replies.