05-04-11 – Cloudscapes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-04-11 – Cloudscapes

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

That must be one hell of a gap. I have an 18 month gap and finally overcame it after nearly three years.

I think I got elite status after a few weeks and was taken aback at first. Then I read the details of how it’s calculated – now I’m afraid to skip any event. EVER.

JustHereForThePics
    Participant

And welcome also to JustHereforthePics

Thanks… I have a whole new Fark-related way to waste time. Looks like some great content in these forums.

Kestrana
    Participant

Cause I am always happy to OBO. Speaking of which, I will need an OBO myself on May 25th and probably on June 1 also.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, Kes, I appreciate it! I’ll PM you the links.

And I’d be happy to OBO for you on either of those dates, assuming of course that you don’t mind the stench of ‘liter on your entries. 😆

Kestrana
    Participant

We’ll see how it works out. We might end up having internet in Hawaii after all but we’ll have a few days to find out.

Farktographer
    Participant

I might need a few OBO’s coming up, too. Going to Taiwan for 3 weeks, and I doubt I’ll have internet (never got around to it last time). It’s going to be weird selecting the photos that far in advance.

ravnostic
    Participant

Don’t forget to take a list of the upcoming themes, and take shots that will be ultra-unique for them. My entry that’s doing well this week is exactly that–opportunistic photography. I always have ‘weather’ pictures on my mind, but I do think ‘Weather’ was already hoppered by Sept. last year?

And by the way–why hasn’t anyone mentioned the something unusual in that picture? I cannot believe that among this group, something wouldn’t have been said..

Kestrana
    Participant

I find your previous post confusing…

Farktographer
    Participant

I’m staring at it, trying to magic-eye it, taking steps back and forth and looking at all sorts of angles but I’m not seeing anything. I think my imagination died 🙁 I *kinda* see hand giving a sideways peace-sign in the bottom left, but that’s all I’ve got.

I agree with rav – it’s good to carry around a list of upcoming themes. I keep a sheet in my camera backpack with all the hoppered contests, just so I’m thinking of ideas.

ravnostic
    Participant

Don’t forget to take a list of the upcoming themes, and take shots that will be ultra-unique for them. My entry that’s doing well this week is exactly that–opportunistic photography. I always have ‘weather’ pictures on my mind, but I do think ‘Weather’ was already hoppered by Sept. last year?

Refers to Farktographer‘s Taiwan trip.

And by the way–why hasn’t anyone mentioned the something unusual in that picture? I cannot believe that among this group, something wouldn’t have been said..

Refers to what I thought was obvious but I guess isn’t. Plama? Of all people…

I think I’ve griped about being subtle in contests.

Farktographer
    Participant

The more I keep staring at it, the more it becomes the Eye of Sauron 😆

The photo I have up that’s doing the best (well, compared to my others at least) was actually in Taiwan, too. It’s a beautiful country to photograph in. Actually, a big bulk of my archived shots are from Taiwan because it was right after I got my D7k. Ultra-uniqueness will be epic now that I have the themes to go on.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Even embiggened I’m not spotting the obvious unusual, rav. You may have to give us a hint…

The quirk in my entries this week is that all three are from a point ‘n shoot. None of my dslr shots really grabbed me, so I went with them. Granted, it was a pretty decent PnS for its time (Canon G2).

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah It must be pretty subtle Rav. That’s land showing in the bottom portion right? but I don’t think that’s what you meant. I don’t see the Flying Spaghetti Monster or any streetlights so I am confused.

ravnostic
    Participant

That’s land showing in the bottom portion right?

Yep. However, this is a ‘B’ shot to one I’ll be using in an upcoming Orionid-suggested theme. So there’s the hint, CISS

sleeping
    Participant

You mean the fact that it’s upside down?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • The topic ‘05-04-11 – Cloudscapes’ is closed to new replies.