05-06-09 – In Close

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-06-09 – In Close

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Macrophotography. Difficulty: nothing over 2″ in size can be the subject.

Kudos to soosh for the theme suggestion!

soosh
    Participant

you know, maybe that difficulty needs to be cleaned up. taking a macro photo of a leaf that’s part of a plant that is larger than 2″ should be ok. somehow it needs to be worded that the frame can capture no more than 2″ of a subject.

pangolyn
    Participant

I would still interpret it that the main subject of the image can’t be more than 2 inches in size, even if its the leaf of a tree, it needs to be a small leaf.

soosh
    Participant

Not necessarily, I don’t think. If you want to take a 2 inch (or smaller) detail of the veins in a huge leaf. that would be fine.

millera9
    Participant

How about saying the “focus” of the photo must be on something smaller than 2″? That makes it a bit more vague and open to interpretation.

corsec67
    Participant

How about the area captured by the camera should be less than 2″/5cm on a side?

justkat
    Participant

just came in here wondering about this myself. was considering taking a picture of my kitty’s nose. 🙂

corsec67
    Participant

Wow, this will be the 100th contest I have entered in a row! (Assuming I don’t miss any of the ones between now and this one.)

soosh
    Participant

How about the area captured by the camera should be less than 2″/5cm on a side?

That is what I’m trying to get across.

stupido
    Participant

Now that changes it significantly. Now I no longer have to look at only small things. Just small portions of them.

soosh
    Participant

Yeah, my intent with the contest was a close look at whatever, not pictures of tiny things necessarily.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I foresee a lot of cropping in my future.

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I’m still unsure if this is okay:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/3463120239_f65d687559.jpg?v=0

It’s the closest I can zoom in with my 28-90 plus I cropped it as much as I could. If the rule is strictly 2 inches covered in the photo rather than 2 inches in focus, I think I’ll have to sit this one out.

soosh
    Participant

I think that’d qualify. What are the pixel dimensions of the original file and what does it look like uncropped?

monsieurstabby
    Participant

I think that’d qualify. What are the pixel dimensions of the original file and what does it look like uncropped?

Original dimensions are 3504 ? 2336. Looking back, it did need some cropping anyway .

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3633/3470232137_cccb0fd542.jpg?v=0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘05-06-09 – In Close’ is closed to new replies.