05-06-09 – In Close

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-06-09 – In Close

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

I don’t do the popped thing on my links, sorry. It’s a thing with me. You can always right-click on any link and choose “open in new tab or window” to have control over things.

justkat
    Participant

I don’t do the popped thing on my links, sorry. It’s a thing with me. You can always right-click on any link and choose “open in new tab or window” to have control over things.

i’ll keep that in mind (that you consistently don’t pop, that is; i knew about my options lol). out of curiosity, why not? pure bloodyminded stubbornness? 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Honestly, I’m so used to people not putting poppy links up that I just right-click-open on any link out of habit.

soosh
    Participant

i’ll keep that in mind (that you consistently don’t pop, that is; i knew about my options lol). out of curiosity, why not? pure bloodyminded stubbornness?

nah, it’s just more that I can type the HTML for a linked image without thinking, but I haven’t incorporated the whole target= thing. yes, I know there are buttons to use, but I compose the whole thing in notepad first.

so more just being weird than stubborn, but I suppose it’s about a 60/40 mix.

lokisbong
    Participant

Honestly, I’m so used to people not putting poppy links up that I just right-click-open on any link out of habit.

me too. especially after closing the only window I had open because I was repulsed by what I saw. (think the first time you clicked on a photoshop by rugbyjock.)

justkat
    Participant

obviously i should adopt this habit. i, too, have closed tabs in haste and horror and found too late that they hadn’t popped. undo-close-tab is my friend lol.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah. I know. I’m getting better. But it is not my default move yet.

soosh
    Participant

Yeah. I know. I’m getting better. But it is not my default move yet.

Don’t feel bad. I’m sure there are things you do just fine. :mrgreen:

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol I didn’t mean it was a bad thing that people do or don’t poppy click their links. I just right-click-open everything to be sure.

U-Man
    Participant

yeah. right. whatever miss I-just-right-click-everything.

/runs away sobbing to practice right-clicking.
    //I think maybe I got into JK’s MS.

corsec67
    Participant

Personally I usually middle-click everything.

(middle click = open in new tab, I HATE new windows.)

I am glad I was able to post my entries quick enough to have it look like my cat was eating Natto.

Not that that has helped voting on my entries, though.

justkat
    Participant

okay, y’all, give it to me straight, i can handle it: why isn’t my ladybug getting the votes? is it that it’s just the ladybug and nothing else? i just don’t get it. ladybugs that aren’t even in focus are way ahead of mine. i can handle sucking in a contest*, that’s all good and all, i’m used to it, i just want to know what i did wrong here.

*and i recognize that my other entries are doing okay 😉

millera9
    Participant

okay, y’all, give it to me straight, i can handle it: why isn’t my ladybug getting the votes? is it that it’s just the ladybug and nothing else? i just don’t get it. ladybugs that aren’t even in focus are way ahead of mine. i can handle sucking in a contest*, that’s all good and all, i’m used to it, i just want to know what i did wrong here.

*and i recognize that my other entries are doing okay 😉

The biggest problem I have with your ladybug is that while it is in focus, that focus is somewhere on the bug’s back, rather than on the head/face where all the details are. Also, it’s a center-weighted composition which I know makes a lot of people cringe (though it works well sometimes). None of that explains why some of the other ladybug shots are doing better than yours. Farktography is just weird sometimes. 🙂

jpatten
    Participant

The focus was my main issue with it. I know its a really narrow DOF, and how challenging it can be to get the focus spot on. But missing the face just loses a lot

U-Man
    Participant

I expected my ladybug to do better too. I liked the yellow setting and the pollen on her back. However, while I think the photo idea is good, the actual photo didn’t turn out as good as the pic in my head. I only got a few pics before it flew away. It would have worked better if it was crawling on the stamen or something. I agree with the comments about justkat’s – and apply the same to mine. It would have been nicer with different focus.

I shoulda used one of these –

http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Mosquito_2730.jpg
    http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Blackberry_1009.jpg
    http://photos.imageevent.com/ulle17/fark/Leaf_8037.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘05-06-09 – In Close’ is closed to new replies.