05-06-09 – In Close

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-06-09 – In Close

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

Cool, thanks folks.

corsec67
    Participant

Ugh, the problem with this theme is that you don’t have to go very far to get a bunch of entries, you just have to look at every 5 cm, and there might be an entry in that.

Two of my entries are physically within about 4cm of each other.

Zumaki
    Participant

omg i’m excited about this one. This is my favorite kind of photography. I’m obsessed with how the world looks at full zoom, so to speak.

jpatten
    Participant

Would this one be out of bounds since the water dish was greater than 2″ ?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I would say the subject itself (the water droplet) is less than 2″ so you’re good. soosh can clarify if need be, though.

jpatten
    Participant

OK. just wondering

Zumaki
    Participant

When does this post to the main page?

olavf
    Participant

When does this post to the main page?

midnight tomorrow, EST. so, 25 hours from now.

Curious
    Participant

shot new stuff for this contest rather than using archives since, like Zumaki, i really like macro shots. well one is archive but it was too good to pass on. am also planning to link to a wider/larger shot for reference.

i expect lots of good pictures given the skill level shown in past farktography contests.

stupido
    Participant

Would the same shot but two different croppings be allowed as two entrys?

millera9
    Participant

stupido, I believe the rule is that it can be the same (or very similar) composition, but it has to be two different exposures. Two crops of the same exposure is just one picture edited two different ways. I think. Elsinore will probably have to give a final ruling on that one…

linguine
    Participant

Would the same shot but two different croppings be allowed as two entrys?

I don’t think think that would be allowed. Although if it was cropping down on two different objects in the photo that might be ok(or you could at least post them and not say anything in that situation because nobody would be able to tell that it was the same shot).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What millera9 said. If you shot it similarly two different ways (meaning exposed two different frames) then it’s fair game. Otherwise, a crop of the same picture is still the same picture.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    stupido
    Participant

Well, I decided to post 3 different exposures just in case

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘05-06-09 – In Close’ is closed to new replies.