05-06-09 – In Close

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-06-09 – In Close

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant

Of course, given my standings not sure I have any room to yell about other people’s pictures *grin*

nobigdeal
    Participant

justkat I would agree with the others who said the focus is the main issue. You got it dead in on her back but not on her face.

/that sounds dirty 😉

jpatten
    Participant

Get yer mind out of the gutter…
    wait.. this is fark… what am I thinking?

nobigdeal
    Participant

Don’t feel bad anyway…my fern bud has the same # of votes and I thought that it was my most bestest most macroest of the three.

I can never figure out the voting patterns here 🙂

jpatten
    Participant

The person who actually figures out and masters the voting pattern will become great in their fark-fu!

justkat
    Participant

general groupy type reply 😉

to me it looks like the face is in focus, and the little critter just has a gray face. but i can see how it could be taken that way. and maybe i’m out of focus. lol

i get what you mean about centered shots , but with the shape of the leaf it was on, there wasn’t really a better way to frame the shot. 😯

sleeping
    Participant

i get what you mean about centered shots , but with the shape of the leaf it was on, there wasn’t really a better way to frame the shot. 😯

That’s why God, in his infinite wisdom, has provided us with the crop tool 🙂

justkat
    Participant

that depth of field difficulty is something i’m hoping is a little better with the 50mm than with that borrowed 100mm. i guess i’ll be finding out!

Don’t feel bad anyway…my fern bud has the same # of votes and I thought that it was my most bestest most macroest of the three.

I can never figure out the voting patterns here 🙂

i don’t really feel bad, just frustrated/confused, but obviously i’m in the distinct minority here thinking that picture is in good focus lmao. i did think it was the weakest of the pix, just not by that margin lol.

justkat
    Participant

That’s why God, in his infinite wisdom, has provided us with the crop tool 🙂

hahaha! i know i’m still learning, but i didn’t see a way to frame that differently cropping (because of the aforementioned leaf shape). or i would have. 😛

oh well, this is why i love farktography, i have been learning so much! i have to say it’s more fun to learn with successes, but sometimes more effective to learn with failures. 😉

linguine
    Participant

Schnee, I have no clue when you do this but just as a heads up my three posts this week were for bucky bacon. The times were 2009-05-06 09:23:29 PM, 2009-05-06 09:24:20 PM, and 2009-05-06 09:25:11 PM.

olavf
    Participant

Durnit. Talk about taking pics a few days too late… :/

http://65.78.140.207/TF/mypics/black_spider-0642_sm_web.JPG

edit: uncropped too.

orionid
    Participant

Why does everyone think “spider” when macro is brought up? Gaaaah!

/off to scrub the creepy crawly feeling off

olavf
    Participant

I dunno. that and bees it seems.

This dude was all over the place and moving fast though. durn near impossible to focus on fast enough.

Also, I was taking shots and realized that my strap wasn’t around my neck. Told Kat I’d better fix that because if he jumped at me I was likely to throw my hands up in the air and scream like a little girl 😛

millera9
    Participant

I dunno. that and bees it seems.

This dude was all over the place and moving fast though. durn near impossible to focus on fast enough.

Also, I was taking shots and realized that my strap wasn’t around my neck. Told Kat I’d better fix that because if he jumped at me I was likely to throw my hands up in the air and scream like a little girl 😛

Can’t speak for everyone else, but I’m pretty much always thinking spiders. Fascinating little creatures, and almost guaranteed to make a captivating photo. They’re so alien that it’s hard not to be drawn to looking at pictures of them.

olavf I always end up with these little guys on the end of my lens when I’m taking macros of them. I keep my neck strap off so that when it happens I can set the camera down and let them back off at their leisure. I see your point, though. 🙂

olavf
    Participant

Can’t speak for everyone else, but I’m pretty much always thinking spiders. Fascinating little creatures, and almost guaranteed to make a captivating photo. They’re so alien that it’s hard not to be drawn to looking at pictures of them.

olavf I always end up with these little guys on the end of my lens when I’m taking macros of them. I keep my neck strap off so that when it happens I can set the camera down and let them back off at their leisure. I see your point, though. 🙂

They are, indeed fascinating. What I’m really looking forward to is mantis season though. We had some huge ones in our yard last year, but I didn’t manage to take any pics I was happy with – I’ve never really done a lot of close-up shots – this year’s going to be different though 😉

Problem with that particular spider though is that it was a ‘hopper’, so were it going to go on the attack, it would have cut out the middle-man and come straight at me, rather than the camera…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘05-06-09 – In Close’ is closed to new replies.