05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

Plus, I got to use some shots that I really like that haven’t been usable in a theme.

^^This for me. Three new shots I like, but I figure I won’t be able to use for a while, at least looking at the current hopper.

Farktographer
    Participant

Wow, I’m browsing some of the photos right now and I must say I’m really impressed with this contest. I knew it’d be full of great shots, but this is really the cream of the crop. I have a feeling I’ll end up voting for pretty much all of them! Great job, everyone.

Kestrana
    Participant

Re: picking shots, I see this contest as kind of the “victory lap” for your previous year so I don’t consider new shots at all.

ravnostic
    Participant

I didn’t and don’t expect too much from my shots. I fully admit that over the course of the year, there’s easily 100–more likely 600 pictures–that are better than mine. And ditto for most of the images from any of us; It’ll come down the how the voter gods cast their fickle lots, and as usual, we have no idea.

Some nice trends, though.

ravnostic
    Participant

Duh. Elsinore, can you envotenate 2011-05-11 08:01:55 PM for me, please?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Re: picking shots, I see this contest as kind of the “victory lap” for your previous year so I don’t consider new shots at all.

This. I also view it as an opportunity to see how a particular shot fares in general, i.e. outside of its specific contest.

And thanks again for the OBO, Kestrana.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Duh. Elsinore, can you envotenate 2011-05-11 08:01:55 PM for me, please?

Got it

orionid
    Participant

Elsinore, I don’t have a timestamp or anything, but one of my shots (Duke Sucks, from Just Desserts”) has dropped into the ether. I posted three, there’s only two in the thread. I don’t even have the “deleted post” thingy. Any halp would be great, thanks.

Nevermind, I just reposted. It’s been a raise sheilds kind of week and I’m not going to let a missing photo get my dander up, too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh fuck, I totally missed your post, I’m sorry! Gonna look for it now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm it’s not there at all. Could you have accidentally refreshed instead of posting the original entry?

orionid
    Participant

No, I saw it in the thread. I write my code ahead of time and use post immediately without preview, then make sure it’s in the thread before moving on.

It’s all good.

Curious
    Participant

as i mentioned earlier i used new ones. stuff that i like that didn’t have a theme to hang them on. since the voters didn’t seem to care too much for last years entries this looked like a better way to go. still didn’t break into the top 50 but 60th is better than what i’ve been doing. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, I saw it in the thread. I write my code ahead of time and use post immediately without preview, then make sure it’s in the thread before moving on.

It’s all good.

That’s just really odd…I’ve never seen that happen before where I can’t even find the post. Hopefully this is an isolated thing.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

For you chart lovers out there, this one’s trending nicely too:

orionid
    Participant

For you chart lovers out there, this one’s trending nicely too:

[img removed to prevent threadbog]

Yeah, but there’s a lot of scarlet Aaargh’s this week, so those stats will drop once they’re filtered out 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • The topic ‘05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6’ is closed to new replies.