05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s Farktography’s 6th anniversary! Post your highest vote getters or favorite photos since May 2010. Prior contest entries allowed but not required; Prior entries, HDR, stacked, stitched & text-added photos eligible only if used in a contest since 5/13/10.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Hi…
    I’m new here (but if you follow Fark PS Contests, I’m pretty familiar).

Is this contest only for those who have entered between May 2010 and May 2011, or can I use ANY “favorite photo” I’ve taken?

I only entered a single contest several years ago, and have basically stuck to Photoshop. However, I was recently gifted a new Nikon for my birthday (in preparation for an upcoming vacation) and am interested in entering some contests. I’ve got a few I’ve taken that I like in the “learning a new camera” phase. Can I enter those, or should I just find a contest I’m better suited to?

FWIW, look for me in the Urban Art contest (I hope).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You’re absolutely welcome to post in this contest! Basically the restriction is either your favorite entries from the past year or your favorite photos taken in the past year.

Farktographer
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve only been here for a handful of contests and definitely have some shots I’m planning on posting that haven’t been in the previous entries – all taken within the last 5 months, though, so I’m in the clear for the 1-year limit.

Kestrana
    Participant

Welcome Yugoboy!

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah . Definitely welcome Yugoboy.

orionid
    Participant

I was recently gifted a new Nikon for my birthday

Your gift-ers are smart people.

Oh, and welcome!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Oh, and welcome!

Really? You think? Because, you know, if they were, they would gift of Canon!

This is what we do here Yugo, bicker about Canon v Nikon and mock Pentax people 🙂

Curious
    Participant

This is what we do here Yugo, bicker about Canon v Nikon and mock Pentax people 🙂

unlike the PSAEF which is a garden of unanimity. well now that Ike isn’t around to push Corel. 🙂

welcome Yugoboy.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Oh, and welcome!

Agreed. Allow me to extend my own welcome, Yugoboy.

orionid
    Participant

unlike the PSAEF which is a garden of unanimity. well now that Ike isn’t around to push Corel. 🙂

welcome Yugoboy.

Wait. I started on Corel…. :/

kashari
    Participant

Just want to make sure…are Software Hootenanny pics allowed?

Oh and welcome Yugo and congrats on receiving the BEST brand of camera! 😉 What model is it?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Only if used in a contest since 5/13/10. Same for any “special technique”/”special rules” type stuff like Stitched photos, HDR, Win/Fail/I Like Where This Thread Is Going, etc. If you used it in that contest, it’s fair game, but if you happen to have one of those photos that was not used in that specific contest, it isn’t fair game.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Wow! Lotsa love! Thanx!

I hear ya Elsinore… I’ll stay outta this one and just get ready for the ones I can get into…

(The cloud one looks like fun… my old cell phone took the most amazing cloud photos… odd, no?)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just to be clear–you’re completely eligible to enter with any photos you’ve *taken* in the past year even if they weren’t *entered* in the past year. Glad to have you on board 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • The topic ‘05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6’ is closed to new replies.