05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Welcome, Yugoboy. Many lulz have been had from your photoshops. 🙂

Let me echo what others have said here – if you’ve got some shots you wanna enter in this contest, as long as they were taken within the last year, please join in! No need to wait, the more the merrier and all that.

kashari
    Participant

Only if used in a contest since 5/13/10. Same for any “special technique”/”special rules” type stuff like Stitched photos, HDR, Win/Fail/I Like Where This Thread Is Going, etc. If you used it in that contest, it’s fair game, but if you happen to have one of those photos that was not used in that specific contest, it isn’t fair game.

Ok, thanks Elsinore!

Yugoboy
    Participant

Just to be clear–you’re completely eligible to enter with any photos you’ve *taken* in the past year even if they weren’t *entered* in the past year. Glad to have you on board 🙂

Oh. Cool! I’ll see what I’ve got.

justkat
    Participant

Just to be clear–you’re completely eligible to enter with any photos you’ve *taken* in the past year even if they weren’t *entered* in the past year. Glad to have you on board 🙂

Oh. Cool! I’ll see what I’ve got.

This. And welcome!

ravnostic
    Participant

So…is there any way possible that a shot of 3 Twinkie?-like cake products, posed, could be construed as ‘nsfw’? Other than a little contorting of one among three, and 1/10th gram of Crisco?*, there have been no alterations to the gender unspecified, neutered, asexual Twinkie?-like cake products. Just asking. I always wondered how it would have done in ‘Just Desserts’.

*(get your minds out of the gutter!)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t think so, but if there’s truly any doubt, you should run the picture by me before the contest.

orionid
    Participant

:/ I haven’t had a chance to get out for this one. I may have to archive dive.

Kestrana
    Participant

It’s the Anniversary Thread…you’re kinda supposed to archive dive 😛

orionid
    Participant

Way to pop my Joke, dear. 😛

millera9
    Participant

I’m sure we’ve established this with the previous anniversary contests, but I can’t remember and I’m too lazy to go back and look, so I’ll just ask here. Are we allowed to re-edit shots from the previous year that have been entered previously, or do we have to re-enter the exact photo?

Farktographer
    Participant

My take on it is any photo either captured or submitted in the previous year is fair-game. So if you took a shot 7 months ago, submitted it 4 months ago, and want to re-edit it before submitting it to this contest, that’d be fine. On the other hand, if you took a shot 13 months ago, submitted it 4 months ago as an archive-dive, then the re-submittal of the *edited* version (the one from 4 months ago) is acceptable, but re-editing the 13-month old version would not be.

I might have just confused myself…. Anyways, from the wording of your question, millera, since you shot it within the last year, I’d assume you’d be allowed to re-edit before submitting.

orionid
    Participant

My take on it is any photo either captured or submitted in the previous year is fair-game. So if you took a shot 7 months ago, submitted it 4 months ago, and want to re-edit it before submitting it to this contest, that’d be fine. On the other hand, if you took a shot 13 months ago, submitted it 4 months ago as an archive-dive, then the re-submittal of the *edited* version (the one from 4 months ago) is acceptable, but re-editing the 13-month old version would not be.

I might have just confused myself…. Anyways, from the wording of your question, millera, since you shot it within the last year, I’d assume you’d be allowed to re-edit before submitting.

Sounds about right to me, since the normal “no repeats” rule is waived for this one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think re-processing is fine as long as it’s within the bounds of the contest it was originally submitted to. So if you submitted something to a non-HDR contest and want to process it as an HDR, it wouldn’t be ok, because it wasn’t originally submitted to an HDR contest. That would also count for photos taken in the past year but not submitted to any contest in the past year; since they weren’t submitted to non-standard-Farktography contests, they wouldn’t be eligible for non-standard-Farktography processing. But if you want to take a photo you submitted and tweak colors or contrast, I see no problem with that. I’m not sure I feel as sanguine about cropping differently, since it makes it a different composition, but I’m also not sure I care that much in general.

millera9
    Participant

I think re-processing is fine as long as it’s within the bounds of the contest it was originally submitted to. So if you submitted something to a non-HDR contest and want to process it as an HDR, it wouldn’t be ok, because it wasn’t originally submitted to an HDR contest. That would also count for photos taken in the past year but not submitted to any contest in the past year; since they weren’t submitted to non-standard-Farktography contests, they wouldn’t be eligible for non-standard-Farktography processing. But if you want to take a photo you submitted and tweak colors or contrast, I see no problem with that. I’m not sure I feel as sanguine about cropping differently, since it makes it a different composition, but I’m also not sure I care that much in general.

Thanks guys. I’m not planning to do anything drastic; I just have a couple previously entered photos that were edited with the old version of Aperture and that I’m sure can be improved with the new version’s tools and presets. I’m not even sure I’m going to enter anything this week I just thought it might be a question that others would want to know the answers to as well.

And Farktographer, your explanation was actually exceedingly clear to me. 🙂

Curious
    Participant

i took the “from the last year” part. one isn’t all that it could be but i like the subject. the other two are (IMO) interesting and fairly well shot. we shall see.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • The topic ‘05-11-11 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 6’ is closed to new replies.