05-12-10 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 5

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-12-10 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry, I”m just now seeing this kat. I’m not terribly concerned with re-edits. Unless you’re doing HDR on something you submitted before, then it should only be HDR (or hootenanny) that you’ve submitted to a contest.

Curious
    Participant

I have irfanview, used it for years though I didn’t care for it’s editing capabilities (the canon software seems better suited) it’s great for resizing and such. Where is the ‘save for web’ option, though? I looked for that today and couldn’t find it. As for hardware, I just upgraded to 4gigs ram in my lappytop–mmmm rammy goodness…

sorry for the late response.

the “save for web” is a plugin. go here for the download.

http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Curious
    Participant

went through the scrutinizer to get my three. ended up with more than that but will narrow it down by contest time.

many thanks to schnee for maintaining the past history.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Gah!!!!! No idea what to post!!

I’m thinking on just going with my top three most viewed or most popular on flickr

olavf
    Participant

I just went through the top 15 or so on FSM (also thanks schnee!), cut out some of the more recent ones, just because, and picked my personal favorites such that they’re all different.

In other words, I used the perfect equation for tankitude 😉

Morningbreath
    Participant

I think I am just going to post 3 of my favorites from the past 5 years. I am glad we went back in time for this one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

FSM definitely helped–thanks as always, schnee!

justkat
    Participant

Sorry, I”m just now seeing this kat. I’m not terribly concerned with re-edits. Unless you’re doing HDR on something you submitted before, then it should only be HDR (or hootenanny) that you’ve submitted to a contest.

That confused me a little, I’m sorry. I narrowed it down to one case. A picture I did selective desaturation for the color-popping: I want to submit the full color pic.

I have a fourth pic standing by if that one isn’t okay.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, that sounds fine. I just meant if you’re taking a picture you’ve used before and doing non-standard re-edits to (e.g. doing HDR to a photo you’d previously submitted as a regular photo) then it isn’t kosher unless you actually used it for a non-standard theme like HDR or Hootenanny. Using the original on something you previously submitted to color-popping sounds fine to me.

justkat
    Participant

No, that sounds fine. I just meant if you’re taking a picture you’ve used before and doing non-standard re-edits to (e.g. doing HDR to a photo you’d previously submitted as a regular photo) then it isn’t kosher unless you actually used it for a non-standard theme like HDR or Hootenanny. Using the original on something you previously submitted to color-popping sounds fine to me.

Yay! thanks.

swampa
    Participant
    ennuipoet
    Participant

I just picked three that I felt hadn’t fit or would have fit in previous themes and I just liked. The photo of my cat, Serendipity, was taken hours after I bought my first DSLR. I printed it 16×24 and it hangs on my wall. Dip died last year, so not only is it a favorite photo, but a lovely remembrance of her.

Post that last bit here so it won’t seem so much like I am vote whoring 😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I printed my Guitar Triptych at 20×30 and hung it up in my living room, and I love it. Now if only I had the money for decent 20×30 frames with museum anti-glare glass…
    http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs388.snc3/23706_386198719381_692289381_3671437_7712360_n.jpg

ravnostic
    Participant

I have irfanview, used it for years though I didn’t care for it’s editing capabilities (the canon software seems better suited) it’s great for resizing and such. Where is the ‘save for web’ option, though? I looked for that today and couldn’t find it. As for hardware, I just upgraded to 4gigs ram in my lappytop–mmmm rammy goodness…

sorry for the late response.

the “save for web” is a plugin. go here for the download.

http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Hrrm… guess they’ve come out with new plugins since I last updated. Time to reload my Irfanview, I guess! Thanks.

SilverStag
    Participant

Wow, almost forgot this week. I picked three that I liked from the past couple years.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘05-12-10 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 5’ is closed to new replies.