05-18-11 – Classical Elements

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 05-18-11 – Classical Elements

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

I like the 4 entries idea but I don’t think it should be a requirement since it would be an unfriendly surprise for a lot of people.

clouddancer
    Participant

I think a note about an optional allowable 4th entry (for this contest only) to complete the set would be fine. A requirement, though? No.

Farktographer
    Participant

I think a note about an optional allowable 4th entry (for this contest only) to complete the set would be fine. A requirement, though? No.

I’m leaning more this way the more I’m thinking about it. It’d stink if someone had 3 solid entries and got them dq’d because they didn’t know an optional fourth was allowed.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I agree. It would be better to be optional.

olavf
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t think I’d want to be the person to sit there and count 3 (or 4) entries per person x 50+ posters in a contest, not to mention making sure that none of them are ‘R’s.

Besides, I think the only contest we’ve ever required a set number of pictures was Take Three, and those were all in one post. I’d suspect even our semi-regulars would get all kinds of confused (myself included)

lokisbong
    Participant

I also vote to keep the fourth entry optional.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So consensus sounds like it’s to allow a 4th entry for this contest, but it wouldn’t be required. But each person could have up to 4 votable entries.

Kestrana
    Participant

Great now I *gotta* come up with something for air 😛

soosh
    Participant

We did a contest of three before where all three shots went into one entry, and people only got one entry in the contest.

What if we did it the same way in this one? You get one entry. In it are as many of the 4 different elements you want to have, maximum of 4 photos. You only want to do one or two? That’s fine. Might hurt you in voting, but that’s your choice.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I could go either way on that one.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I like the 4th Element option, but I think it should be optional. A big ole caveat in the thread description saying 4th Photo Optional This Week Only or something along those lines.

orionid
    Participant

I like the 4th Element option, but I think it should be optional. A big ole caveat in the thread description saying 4th Photo Optional This Week Only or something along those lines.

This.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Agreed. Hell, maybe even put it in the thread headline.

olavf
    Participant

“Photograph the classical elements: Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Difficulty: Each entry should primarily represent a single element and each must be a different element. Up to four photos may be entered”

Like that?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’d probably tack on “for this contest only”, but if you’re space-limited on the description, that should be good as is.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 135 total)
  • The topic ‘05-18-11 – Classical Elements’ is closed to new replies.