06-01-11 – Urban Art

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 06-01-11 – Urban Art

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Some b-sides: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42385982@N06/sets/72157626007121333/

Judging by how poorly my statue entry is doing, I wish I’d picked one of the murals or graffiti.

The plaza dragon, esp.

ennui, I kind of went with the combination of both. Did I like what was depicted? Then further, did I like how it was captured by the farktographer? If a ‘yes’ to both, then it got my vote. And a few select ones got it meeting only one of the criteria, exceptionally.

I think the ‘liters’ really brought it this week.

orionid
    Participant

Time to go put wierd shiat on my scanner.

If that’s for next week, shiat’s not safe for fark….

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Some b-sides: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42385982@N06/sets/72157626007121333/

Judging by how poorly my statue entry is doing, I wish I’d picked one of the murals or graffiti.

The plaza dragon, esp.

ennui, I kind of went with the combination of both. Did I like what was depicted? Then further, did I like how it was captured by the farktographer? If a ‘yes’ to both, then it got my vote. And a few select ones got it meeting only one of the criteria, exceptionally.

I think the ‘liters’ really brought it this week.

Thanks, the dragon nearly made it, it was one of the final choices. I think the statue one I had a little bit of infatuation goin on because I took it that day. I still like it, but for the theme, meh.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I, too, was a little worried about the “who’s art is being voted on?” effect. It wasn’t until just today I found the “good” graffiti in town. I was more interested in not only shooting the art, but also making it interesting. I’m glad at least one of mine showed up well. I was kinda hoping the statue and flowers would do well as that one really took my breath away when I looked at it (I shot it again a couple weeks later and the flowers were gone… not the same with green behind it).

All three of mine were within a 1/4 mile of each other in the “Neighborhood of the Arts.”

ennuipoet
    Participant

This happened in NYC this weekend. Yeah, I could used all of those.

Howl Festival 2011: Art Around the Park

orionid
    Participant

Oh, irony…

Nice shots, though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

congrats to bucky_bacon this week!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Elsinore, would you mind doing the OBO thing on FSM for Farktographer and I, please? TIA.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘06-01-11 – Urban Art’ is closed to new replies.