06-04-08 – Trees

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Images that reflect what “tree” means to you. Is it something religious? Non-natural? Beautiful? Dead? An entire forest or a single, isolated tree, standing alone? Difficulty: no title or description; the images should stand for themselves.

Theme suggestion thanks to jekxrb!

Uranus
    Participant

i suspect the difficulty is : pick only 3!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No doubt!

staplermofo
    Participant

Just days after National Tree Planting Day in Cambodia and D?a del Arbol in Venezuela too!

I bet the Cambodians and Venezuelans are going to sweep the top 10.

simdan42
    Participant

Would a picture of a pollen covered car be ok? this time of year that all i think of when i see a tree!!

PandyFarmer
    Participant

Would a picture of a pollen covered car be ok? this time of year that all i think of when i see a tree!!

Me freaking too. I hate it.

lokisbong
    Participant

My normally red and silver truck has been a little yellow lately. I have a lot of tree pictures to go through .I know of at least one I took a little while back that kinda stood out when I saw it.I live right next to the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State park so trees have not been hard to find.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, the theme description says this:

Images that reflect what “tree” means to you.

So I would think you can get creative. However, the theme description also says this:

Difficulty: no title or description; the images should stand for themselves.

So if you enter a pollen covered car and it needs and explanation for people to “get”, then it might not do so well. But then again, it might. It’s pretty difficult to predict Farktography 😆

corsec67
    Participant

So if you enter a pollen covered car and it needs and explanation for people to “get”, then it might not do so well. But then again, it might. It’s pretty difficult to predict Farktography 😆

One way I can think of to do that is to put a few branches on the car, to make it painfully obvious.

The 3 I have chosen are pretty interesting to me, since they are all from different years and states (Georgia, Wyoming, and Alberta). Since I bought my first camera in 2006, that isn’t easy to do.

wrayvynn
    Participant

I HATE this theme! 😆 I got nuthin’, but I’ll keep tryin’.

corsec67
    Participant

Maybe catch the trees in the act?

flickr page

Just yuck.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Hmm, Debating which of these two to use.

Curious
    Participant

i like the top one best. the lower one has (for me) too much foreground.

idle_hands
    Participant

i like the second one better, placement of trees is gooder balance imho. first has distracting side elements – you could always crop some of foreground…(but i like it as is)

nice to see you back curious!

linguine
    Participant

I kinda like the second one better too, I like it with the front tree being a little more off center so that the row of trees leads you over the hill into the center of the picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘06-04-08 – Trees’ is closed to new replies.