06-04-08 – Trees

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Killerclaw
    Participant

boy I went back aways for this one!

Yeah, me too. The Arizona picture I submitted is one of the very first pictures I took with the mindset “How can I make this look nice?” instead of “shooting from the hip”

jpatten
    Participant

oops! sorry about the titles!

Morningbreath
    Participant

I HATE this theme! 😆 I got nuthin’, but I’ll keep tryin’.

Don’t sell yourself short, wrayvynn, I always enjoy your photos.

U-Man
    Participant

I definitely would like to see this theme again. It’s like a free ticket to goodness.

/please hopperize (extended version)

lokisbong
    Participant

I’m bummed .I burned a bunch of pictures of the redwood forest around here to a cd and can’t find it.I have a few nice pictures of trees any way.I really hate moving.I always lose stuff and now its way to late to go get redwood pics oh well.

lokisbong
    Participant

I seem to have unclicked voting on my third picture. Would you mind fixing that please.

wrayvynn
    Participant

Took me forever to decide between 6 or so pictures, still not happy with what I posted…I’m not worthy, you guys rawk.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I seem to have unclicked voting on my third picture. Would you mind fixing that please.

Yep, got it

lokisbong
    Participant

Took me forever to decide between 6 or so pictures, still not happy with what I posted…I’m not worthy, you guys rawk.

the woodpecker is awesome. 😀

lokisbong
    Participant

Yep, got it

thank you very much.

FutherMucker
    Participant

I know the tree images were supposed to speak for themselves, without a caption, but it’s quite hard to translate what these trees mean to people just by looking at them…Anyone care to share a story ?….Is this even legal while the event is still in progress ?…..Mine’s kinda’ interesting….I can wait.

corsec67
    Participant

I know the tree images were supposed to speak for themselves, without a caption, but it’s quite hard to translate what these trees mean to people just by looking at them…Anyone care to share a story ?….Is this even legal while the event is still in progress ?…..Mine’s kinda’ interesting….I can wait.

I put the description on the flickr pages that my images link to. And then it has the location and date as well.

soosh
    Participant

My two forest shots are two of the seldom-used trails here locally where I know that however many cruise ships are in town (five today, with more than 15,000 tourists in a city of 30,000 population), anyway, no matter how crowded it is, those are two spots I can go and probably not see any other people in a five or six hour walk.

The third was just a cool macro shot with cross-processing that I happen to like a lot.

wrayvynn
    Participant

the woodpecker is awesome. 😀

Thanks, thats a Northern Yellow Shafted Flicker, the only “woodpecker” to feed on the ground and prone to using abandoned woodpecker nest cavities. I have a few more fun facts about them, but I will refrain.

lokisbong
    Participant

I thought that bird looked familiar. They live around here also.I’ve even seen them foraging on the ground for bugs.The only woodpecker I know any thing about other than Woody Woodpecker.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘06-04-08 – Trees’ is closed to new replies.